BomberTV

Hi guys,

Just wanted to create a thread containing all the videos that the club produces. I would also like to open a line of communication so that you guys, the viewers, can provide any feedback or suggestions that you may have for BTV.

To get things underway, here is Paul Little’s address to the 2014 AGM, including James Hird’s apology for not attending.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/video/2014-12-16/btv-2014-efc-agm-paul-littles-address

More videos to come!

Thanks,
Tom
1 Like

Quoted Post

Thanks for the feedback guys. Glad you are enjoying the content.

I completely agree in regards to the game highlight packages. The AFL packages aren't great - the whole dodgy graphic/music thing isn't too appealing. I'll try and work towards creating a more Essendon-based highlight package each week for our game this year, but to be honest with you, it will just come down to if I can find time in my week. Always so much going on! Leave it with me ;)

#EFClistened

Great stuff Tom

New thread name…

BomberTV & Bombers ON TV.

TD on Marngrook FS tonight. (Many repeats of Marngrook over the next few days)

Good video, would love to have seen their reaction post game! http://www.essendonfc.com.au/video/2015-04-15/btv-glory-fame-at-the-game-rd2-2015

I love this club

Good video, would love to have seen their reaction post game!

Hi Tom,

I’m loving the videos the club produces for BomberTV. If that is you, job well done! I especially love the slo-mo of players’ at training etc.

Thanks  =D>

Years ago, the club website would put up a highlights package every week containing only Essendon highlights. Since the Telstra / AFL takeover we just get the AFL’s match summary video (including opposition highlighs, yuck!).

Please bring back the old ones.

Otherwise, you guys have done a great job of providing much more quality content in the last couple of years.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Glad you are enjoying the content.

I completely agree in regards to the game highlight packages. The AFL packages aren’t great - the whole dodgy graphic/music thing isn’t too appealing. I’ll try and work towards creating a more Essendon-based highlight package each week for our game this year, but to be honest with you, it will just come down to if I can find time in my week. Always so much going on! Leave it with me :wink:

In the meantime, there are plenty more videos from our AGM last night. Highly recommend the video of Simon Madden introducing the new recruits. Bit of decent banter in there.
In the meantime, there are plenty more videos from our AGM last night. Highly recommend the video of Simon Madden introducing the new recruits. Bit of decent banter in there.

Needs Conor McKenna subtitles 

Highlight Packages???  That’s easy.

Just delete the 3 quarters we don’t play well, and leave the quarter that we kill it.

Wouldn’t mind seeing a single player’s performance reviewed each week. Maybe with his line coach going through his tape. Obviously some of the info might be a bit sensitive but I’m sure that could be managed. Would be something interesting and bit different to what we see every where else

Would love to see a bit more VFL footage.

Most of us are very interested in the progression of the kids coming through.

Get rid of the “Earning their Sash” segment…the 5 push ups with Hurly’s foot on your back is a little pathetic, the other challengers weren’t much better.

I like Ivans Idea about a players performance and I also agree with Chef about more Vfl coverage.

Get rid of the "Earning their Sash" segment.....the 5 push ups with Hurly's foot on your back is a little pathetic, the other challengers weren't much better.

I like Ivans Idea about a players performance and I also agree with Chef about more Vfl coverage.

I don’t think he’s talking about the Hanger, rather the videos on the website.

Bombertv is amazing. Only feedback I can give is to keep filming more and more. Also impressed with the use of HD. Very few film makers on the Internet film in proper HD

As on overseas member I LOVE BomberTV. Keep on keeping on!

More VFL, we love seeing how the kids are going

Absolutely love bomberTV and have been really enjoying the updates during the off season. My only gripe last year was your youTube channel and at times how long we had to wait for content being uploaded. With “smart” tv’s becoming the norm, a lot of us watch bomber tv on the big screen via youtube rather than sit at a desk pc.

It would be great if the club looked into creating an app for these smart TV’s and pipe content directly into that. We would be the first club to go down that road to have a complete “on demand” channel. It could have a history channel, with achieved games, player profiles, interviews. A news channel with the latest updates on training and club matters. And of course the weekly bomberTV show. The skies the limit really. You could down the track build in some more interactivity with the viewer, polls, admin reviewed comments, and even vote on the AGM from your couch.

With the two new board members, I’m sure they have both the experience and contacts to get something like this off the ground.

@ Tomm_vdv , can I just say how amazing it was to be able to watch Paul Little’s address to the AGM, inclusive of James Hird’s apology. And I was particularly pleased to be able to listen to the financial presentation as well.

It makes such a difference. Your doing good work.

Hi guys,

Just wanted to create a thread containing all the videos that the club produces. I would also like to open a line of communication so that you guys, the viewers, can provide any feedback or suggestions that you may have for BTV.

To get things underway, here is Paul Little's address to the 2014 AGM, including James Hird's apology for not attending.

More videos to come!

Thanks,
Tom

Firstly, keep up the good work!

Secondly, I have an issue where every video I go to watch on the club website won’t play. Instead the image goes black and there’s a message that reads “The selected item is currenty unavailable”.

It only seems to happen while Im at my work computer, is there anyway I can troubleshoot this problem? I can watch youtube videos (even BomberTV vids through youtube) and everything else just fine it’s just the videos hosted at the club website.

As another poster mentioned it can take some time for the BTV content to hit the youtube channel.

Anyway, I just thought this might be a common problem.