Bowls, Banter and BJ Goddard

Thought you guys might enjoy a precis of the Sponsors function last night.

As 'Boot has been a little under the weather of late we thought we’d zip across for a quick trip. The bowls part of the evening was lots of fun coupled with very little skill (on my part anyway). We played with Jackson Merrett and Jake Long against Jayden Laverde and Brent Stanton. The boys were very forgiving of me being totally ■■■■ at bowls.

Was very relaxed and low key. Had the pleasure of chatting with a few of the boys. Highlights in no particular order…

Andy McGrath…wow this kid is impressive. Quick to smile and loves a chat. All the charm in the world.

Raz…Is just gorgeous and so very tiny. Said it was tough coming from Adelaide and leaving his Mum who cooked and washed and cleaned for him. Now feels like Melbourne is home and loves being at Essendon.

Dys… It’s no secret that I’m a bit of a fan :star_struck: He’s so natural and accommodating. We chatted about dogs and how much room they take up on beds.

Aaron Francis… Lovely young man… Is looking very svelte.

We didn’t chat with BJ but were thrilled to see he takes his bowls as seriously as his footy!

Finally…The long anticipated meeting between 'Boot and Tippa went smoothly with big smiles and no injuries to report!

47 Likes

Boot looks about 20 years younger than I imagined him to be

2 Likes

Sausage-fingers!

1 Like

Ehrmantrout, I tells ya!

12 Likes

Wait…which one’s Reboot?

3 Likes

Knowing that his real name is Neil kind of removes the mystique and aura a bit.

6 Likes

They said it would never happen

3 Likes

What a great idea for a sponsors night

LOLZ yep…As does knowing that he’s really just a nice private school boy who’s a real softie :wink:

Did tippa tell boot to GET FKD?

17 Likes

Thanks for sharing darli. Looks like it was a good night

Was this before tippa put reboot through a wall?

6 Likes

Capri pants on display?

It was fantastic. Also forgot to mention we caught up with Jase from Purple Bombers and his hubby. Great fun, doing such a fabulous job and so very humble.

Definitely after :joy:

No, I refused to let him wear them :wink:

2 Likes

Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica.

3 Likes

Great stuff thanks for sharing with us.

My son had that on a t-shirt

I think I’ve said this before but my mates mum watched all 3 matrix movies in one marathon and it wasn’t until about half way through the last one she realised it wasn’t “Neil”.

10 Likes

Reboot is short.

Huh. You think you know a guy.

He’d probably get a gig as a marking CHF at Essendon

2 Likes

That’s because Darli looks after him so well

1 Like