Brad Scott probems to sort out (Part 1)

The best type of +1 tall is one who can float across the front of the pack.
Another defender wrestles and holds the key forward back, and the +1 comes in from the side.

Petrie really read the incoming ball early, so he was really good at it, whether the ball was on target or going a bit off.

Thisā€¦ā€¦more HR touchie feelie rubbish to get the assistants to be ā€œmore rounded employeesā€ capable of filling gapsā€¦ seriously farked up organisational corporate mumbo jumbo that was somehow injected into the club via the ex CEO. We are a footy club not a business thats main aim is money making and making employees feel valued ffs

2 Likes

oh look, another person who is stuck in 1970

1 Like

Back in the Worsfold era, I had the impression that we often used a +1 and it was typically a good decision maker, like Pop Kelly or Goddard. I am not so sure we used a +1 much while Truck ran the team, but its hard to tell off TV coverage in the COVID years.

( I think Truck got Zerret to run into defence and the wingers to drop back. 666 makes it tricky.)

If that was the reason for it then there are better ways to do it.

Get them to shadow another assistant.

Give them a specific project to deal with.

All whilst being the assistant for their strength.

1 Like

Absolutely agreeā€¦horses for courses applies

A bit indeed. That forward line was fun to watch.

I knew my post would trigger some posters, haha. It is not that I think Woosha was a good coach, it is more that when Rutten came in, he changed things and it set us back a fair bit defensively when we already had some set pieces, we just needed to continue our growth. But Daniher and Fantasia (no difference though, he has the most fragile body on earth) and Saad left, Hooker got cooked and he just made us worse defensively. But it gotta be acknowledged that when it was clear we needed to rebuild, that is exactly what he did: he played the kids as soon as he could - he even played Cahlil in round one with a main role in 2021, lol.

Now we have a young list and it is a good place to start for Brad, imo.

2 Likes

Was watching some footy higlights on youtube and they showed Chris Scott my brother who dosent watch footy said ā€œisnā€™t he your coach now?ā€

I said ā€œno Brad is his twinā€ he spun out at how much they look a like :laughing:

2 Likes

A few years ago before I disconnected the antenna to our TV, the news showed highlights of Chris Scottā€™s press conference and then Brad Scottā€™s press conference with Norf. My european wife froze and was like ā€œerrr, how many teams does that guy coach?ā€

21 Likes

Love that.

1 Like

The bigger questions is will he tag someone with Caldwell etc or just back the team defense ?

i like the use of a tagger

1 Like

I am pretty sure Caldwell said on radio not long ago that Brad will use him as a tagger this year.

2 Likes

ā€œBradā€™s been fantastic, heā€™s a very smart operator, heā€™s got a very clear plan and vision,ā€ Kelly said.

ā€œHeā€™s super clear on what he wants and what he wants to implement at the club. I canā€™t speak of him more highly; heā€™s definitely got us on the right track.ā€

Essendon plays its first practice match against the Gold Coast Suns on Thursday, February 23 at Metricon Outer Oval.

3 Likes

Settle down

1 Like

(excellent gif)

except so many players say similar things across all clubs about their team and coach

soā€¦ one day, I guess, theyā€™ll prove to be correct

4 Likes

3 Likes

Going to be so many qaulity gifs of brad losing it coaching us

Brad yelling into the phone at the fist coast to coast goal we concede

1 Like