Brad Scott - time for probing the probematic spelling (Part 2)

LoL
Take a look at the first half.
There were glaring deficiencies all over the place.
Literally it was a ShitShow.

As for the uncontested kick-ins I’m okay with that as long as it goes wide into the pocket. I don’t like seeing then spear the short one up the guts.

But yesterday I think we saw something that has been different than previous years under previous coaches.
Even though we were gassesd, the Saints were just as gassed as we were, but we kept finding and on balance finished running out the game better than them.

I think we are fitter and harder.

There are lots of issues to fix, sure thing.
But some of that fumbling stupid ■■■■■ will. Improve, it simply can’t continue.

2 Likes

I’m a paid up member and supporter thank you very much :slight_smile:

If some are allowed to be positive on certain things, then others are allowed to be negative on certain things. And nothing I say is so bad that I have ever been banned or suspended, unlike a few on here who have said absolutely atrocious things over the years and are still present.

2 Likes

I criticised one of your posts once, so now I’m a shell account? :man_shrugging:

If Brad and the club can engineer even one win in the next month of games and hold percentage:

Port (AO)
Western Bulldogs (MS)
Adelaide (AO)
Collingwood (MCG)

And enter Round 8 even with a 3-4 record… it really could allow us to set up a decent mid-season run to set some sort of season up:

West Coast (OS)
GWS (MS)
North Melbourne (MS)
Richmond (MCG)
Gold Coast (Metricon)

There’s no ‘easy’ games anymore (we, more than anyone, know that) but it’s a run where we would fancy our chances against those clubs at those venues.

3 Likes

Port is the only game in that stretch I think is a monumental ask.

The other three games are winnable if we are good enough.

Don’t get in the way of the righteous who survived the far worse 70s Essendon football club. The worst time to be alive.

2 Likes

I would say that Port next week would be a bridge too far for us. Would love to beat the Bulldogs (they always seem to hand our arses to us). Adelaide look cooked right now and after last year’s ANZAC Day final quarter debacle we should be chomping at the bit to right that wrong!

Personally, I’d like to see how our contested midfield gameplan stacks up against the Bulldogs and Collingwood (and Geelong later on).
The Bulldogs midfield have smashed us for a while. Same deal the Geelong team. Collingwood are obviously the benchmark in taking the game on through the middle.

Anything short of a 5 goal loss in these games will be signs of an improvement.

Parish was just rusty his second half was good

This Friday night he will improve again, come Anzac Day expect 42 possessions 9 clearances and 6 tackles

Book mark it

1 Like

Fantastic that we are playing harder footy and winning contests. But we can’t rely on dominating possession like we did in the second half to stop opposition transition.

They’ve troubled us for a long time but I’m not yet sold on the Bulldogs this year.

Gold Coast in Ballarat?
West Coast at Marvel?

Even at their most average I would have them winning those games.

We will find out a lot (next) week when they play Geelong. Hope they smash each other up prior to our game the following week.

1 Like

Contested possessions along with a very aggressive high Press.

1 Like

Must beat the Bulldogs for my own personal reasons.

1 Like

I love it when Brad is chirping and making warbling sounds after a win

6 Likes

Can’t rely on the opposition’s crap kicking for goal either.

1 Like

I tink you trolled him.

2 Likes

They had a interesting stat on first crack last night about port something like in the last 19 games they have only beaten a top eight team once I think they said

1 Like

Gotta love how the happy clapper default position now is just “hurrr you probably never even played or watched a game of footy before”.

■■■■ me, yeah right, people are cynical about this club because they haven’t been watching it for the last 20 years. Some people are just fkg delusional.

4 Likes

I don’t know. I think wins should be celebrated and what went right should be recognised as much as what went wrong.
I feel the view around our wins are and will be largely muted for all the reasons you are giving. A lot of people are recognising that the win wasn’t without flaws. Which is the correct attitude to take.

Flaws to recognise: the ever present failure to defend turnovers in our forward 50. The number of skill errors
Positives to recognise: winning stoppages (for once!), forwards very efficient at turning opportunities into scoring chances.

1 Like

How many false dawns since the last flag?

1 Like