Bringing it all back home: your thoughts

Oh man did anyone notice at Essendon cheer-squad end that the handful of smug ■■■■■■■ St Kilda supporters that were there ONLY cheered when their team was in front? Even when we were more than 2 goals up and they scored to narrow the gap, there was no cheering from them. its like they are too afraid to cheer their team on just in case

Yet, us Bomber people we cheer everything (are we nuts? maybe… keeps us warm though)

Yeah there was a little pack of them off to the right in standing room near the Lockeroom. Were going absolutely apesh*t when they were on top, and went missing when we got a run on. JoeDan’s mark and Laverde’s chase down were fkg brilliant.

Slightly unrelated but worth noting, may just be me but I feel like our supporters have come out this year far more vocal and feral than in the past considering smaller numbers and how little there is to cheer more often than not. I like it.

I reckon because the people who are going at this time of the year in such a sh*tshow of a season for us are the absolute nutters. I mean who the fk wants to go to the Dome at 4.40 on a fkg Sunday and drink $7.80 beers that you can’t even take out of the bars after 3/4 time.

Answer: Me and my belligerent family of Bombers who no longer give a fk and just get yappy at these pissant clubs and their stain supporters who are rubbing in a bullsh*it round 14 win that means fk all. Can’t wait until we have a full side next year and we start rolling them over.

Slightly unrelated but worth noting, may just be me but I feel like our supporters have come out this year far more vocal and feral than in the past considering smaller numbers and how little there is to cheer more often than not. I like it.

Nothing better than running into an open goal in the final quarter to seal the game, and slamming a low ball into the faces of a despondent opposition cheer squad.

Oh man did anyone notice at Essendon cheer-squad end that the handful of smug ■■■■■■■ St Kilda supporters that were there ONLY cheered when their team was in front? Even when we were more than 2 goals up and they scored to narrow the gap, there was no cheering from them. its like they are too afraid to cheer their team on just in case

Yet, us Bomber people we cheer everything (are we nuts? maybe… keeps us warm though)

I walked around to the St Kilda cheer squad end for the last. There were about 6 Bomber supporters at the back of the StKilda cheer squad. We had a lot of play at our end but did not convert. The ball went down to the other end and they scored a goal each time . Once they got 2 goals up, Riewoldt came down to help stack the defence as one of 2 spares. Riewoldt started madly waving his arms, beckoning and pointing. ( Now I know where BJs pointing came from. )
Ambrose moved too deep, staying with the Riewoldt and the other guy imo, our defenders should have set up a wall outside 50 at that point, but tended to follow the ball too much and caused a lot of chaos ball. So yes, it was really good to be at our end in the final quarter and always would be in close games.

Based on that criteria alone, think I prefer to be kicking to the cheer squad end in the final quarter - doubt there’s any mathematical basis behind that thinking though!

Must say I’ve never considered that to be a reason to kick one way or the other at a coin toss.

Depending on the ground you’re playing at, have always thought wind and sun should be the primary concern.

An interesting take, but one that could only be entertained when playing under a roof.

You should always kick with the wind in the first quarter.

Unless you are Trent Cotrchin

Not in forum footy games!!!

Takes a quarter to work out what the hell we’re doing.

Especially at Etihad

At Sunday's match I was sitting with a few hardy Bombers fairly close to the St K cheer squad. The Dons were kicking towards us in the last. Of course we were going crazy as we got 7 points up etc (funny how good the little successes can feel) but we were next to a massive wall of silent Saints. And it was the same at the other end in that see-sawing quarter- the Saints would kick towards a wall of stony Essendon fans.

So why do we put up with this? Why not get rid of the coin toss and make sure each team kicks towards their cheer squad/supporters in the last quarter? It looks better, it supports the team better and it feels better. I don’t think it would lead to rigging ground conditions. Am I missing something?

It obviously doesn’t make any difference at Etihad when the roof is closed. Otherwise its a bit more complex. I guess theres an argument to kicking toward your cheersquad in the first quarter too. Personally, I don’t it makes too much difference.

If the guy with the red Mohawk hair do in the Cheer Squad is on Blitz. Then Mrs Fox is a bit smitten with you. We were in Perth last week and she was so impressed and watched you far too closely on Sunday.

You do a great job and love your work !!!

That’s Rickshaw Wheeler if I’m not mistaken. Met him on the Gold Coast. The most dedicated EFC supporter I’ve ever known. Lives literally four hours out of Melbourne. Goes to EVERY game.

Nice guy too.

If the guy with the red Mohawk hair do in the Cheer Squad is on Blitz. Then Mrs Fox is a bit smitten with you. We were in Perth last week and she was so impressed and watched you far too closely on Sunday.

You do a great job and love your work !!!

That’s Rickshaw Wheeler if I’m not mistaken. Met him on the Gold Coast. The most dedicated EFC supporter I’ve ever known. Lives literally four hours out of Melbourne. Goes to EVERY game.

Nice guy too.

He travels from Edenhope to every Essendon game. Dedication!

Yeah there was a little pack of them off to the right in standing room near the Lockeroom. Were going absolutely apesh*t when they were on top, and went missing when we got a run on. JoeDan’s mark and Laverde’s chase down were fkg brilliant.

I reckon because the people who are going at this time of the year in such a sh*tshow of a season for us are the absolute nutters. I mean who the fk wants to go to the Dome at 4.40 on a fkg Sunday and drink $7.80 beers that you can’t even take out of the bars after 3/4 time.

Answer: Me and my belligerent family of Bombers who no longer give a fk and just get yappy at these pissant clubs and their stain supporters who are rubbing in a bullsh*it round 14 win that means fk all. Can’t wait until we have a full side next year and we start rolling them over.

Yeah they were the ones.

I mean, we usually get smug supporters sitting near us (that Geelong game was feral, but strangely there was none at the North game) but for some reason the St Kilda ones were doubly annoying

I like how a few people told them to shut up though