Brisbane 2032

It might be our year. The last time Australia hosted the Olympics we won the flag.

6 Likes

I could go on and onā€¦

3 Likes

Now Iā€™m going to list all the athletes starting with A

5 Likes

And I will! Carl Lewis, Susie Oā€™Neill gee they put in some good performance! Leigh Habler Karen Van Wirdumā€¦

4 Likes

Iā€™m now thinking of the Mr Whippy GP. The names of the driversā€¦

1 Like

For those who donā€™t get what we are jabbering on about:

12 Likes

Itā€™s amazing that the guy is so ripe for impersonation and yet the best ever impersonation of him was done nearly 30 years ago

2 Likes

Says a lot about how pathetic we Aussies are at comedy :frowning:

The Olympics should have 3 or 4 host cities which rotate every 3 or 4 Olympics - That way you have infrastructure which can be used between games and you also have the organisational knowhow.

Itā€™s about the equivalent of Springfield getting it.

1 Like

So we have to wait another 11 years for a premiership?

Well, more optimistic than me.

1 Like

Strange seeing Tom with hair. I watch Have you been paying attention and he is very good on that.

1 Like

Gabba going to be totally rebuilt and be home for Opening/Closing Ceremonies

AFL wins again

Itā€™s a sick joke. What a farking waste, all for an extra 8000 seats which will only rarely be used.

Itā€™s not a waste - The facilities at the Gabba are far from world standard and need to be upgraded.

1 Like

Gabba is a crap hole and has been for years. Just a garbage stadium

2 Likes

I must be mistaken - Thought cricket was played at the Gabba.

Is this the Brisbane 2032 preview thread?
ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– , weā€™re early here.
Hopefully by then weā€™ve dealt with COVID.
Joe D will have finger twirled his way to 1000 behinds.
Hipwood will still look like Nadal.
Weā€™d be arguing wasting a pick on McGrath after McCluggage wins his third Brownlow.
And weā€™d be bemoaning 30 years since winning a final.
We would have gotten rid of Dodoro and he would have moved on and won multiple premierships at another club. All whilst we continued our decade of questionable trading and drafting.
Stephanie Hird would have just been sacked as our coach and we finally got Sheedy off the board.
Itā€™s now become a coin flip between us winning a final and Australia reaching net 0 emissions by 2050.
Oh yeahā€¦
Riolio still owns Blitz.

Bookmark it.

3 Likes

Brisbane having the Olympics is the stupidest thing Iā€™ve ever heard of.
Adelaide getting them would at least be cute.

1 Like

Poison Chalice