Brisbane Eagles Match Review - 2020 round 15

Goalkicking lost us that game plain and simple. Huge indictment that the only forward that can actually kick for goal is Walla. Then you think of Ridleys miskick that resulted in a goal for them in the first and then the Saad brain fart in the 3rd quarter just makes you wanna pull your hair out! That was Shiels worse game I’ve ever seen. Wtf was wrong with him tonight? comical

5 Likes

We were on top of them for most of that match, we just lacked the ability to generate any sustained scoreboard pressure through both poor skills and poor decision making skills at both ends

3 Likes

Essendon is easily summed up
dumb footballers who are worse skilled than little league players and they get paid on average a hell of alot more than the average joe for being an inept rabble.

the only good thing to come out of this years virus, is the fact these pretending absolute fraudsters will be hit in the only place they care about, their hip pockets going forward from next year.

oh and @up_up i’m still waiting for a win against a top 8 side … you said “we just HAD to win some”, so who you banking on us beating from here on out, top of the ladder port ? second geelong or are you putting all your eggs in the beating melbourne basket to prove your absolute ■■■■■■ point a couple of months ago was “valid” ??

1 Like

Well that was disappointing.

2 Likes

WCE played in first gear after the first quarter and were never seriously threatened.

Will any of us live long enough to see Essendon develop a kick in strategy that works, or a strategy to defend opposition kick ins?

4 Likes

Positives: Draper, Shiel, Ridley, MTW, Mozzie, Langford. Red time killed us.

4 Likes

How many people will look at the stats and have Merrett and Shiel as best players?!?

Turn over central.

8 Likes

We are improving. Not a disastrous loss. Playing against a top team has shown we are capable of mixing it with them if we improve on some key fundamentals. We have JD Stewart Heppell and Stringer all back from long lay-offs. Makes it hard for cohesion and I am excited only a few more weeks till Worsfold is gone.

Langford has stepped up, Snelling is improving, Mozzie looks really promising. Draper looks like a bloke with 50 games. Love his mongrel.

This season has shown the coaches hopefully mo more small fwd lines and no more kick to kick game plan. Run the ball

11 Likes

Just not good enough, the playing list assembled is just not up to it and so far off it.

Regenerate this list.

13 Likes

Im genuinely interested to see how much work we put into Tackling and Goal Kicking at training.

Shiel? Turn it up. He needs to be dropped,

Shiel worked his tail off.

13 Likes

Hopefully we slip a couple of spots. Get pick 5 and get a bull midfielder. Keep joe.

2 Likes

So this is St Essington Day right?

:poultry_leg: Cooked.

McGrath :pensive:

I thought we were quite physical.

2 stupid goals that we gave up and it’s under a goal.

It’s frustrating because we could have actually have won.

2 Likes

It looked to me like each side controlled the game for equal periods, and we finished with an equal number of set shots. We pretty clearly lost this game with our forward efficiency which had been on the improve. It’s hard to see on tv what’s going on with the setups until the final kick into the 50

1 Like

We were pretty good in general play, obviously our big guys had no impact but I don’t think we didn’t give them enough good looks.

Clappers special, the usual’s will dine out on how we almost got close to making them have to try harder to win but in reality we were miles behind them in every skill. We have way too many poorly skilled players to attempt this handball at all costs gamestyle. WC simply picked us apart with ease whenever they needed to.

4 Likes

Shouldn’t be too hard now

1 Like

rince and repeat, players are ■■■■■■■ low on IQ. People getting paid big bucks to kick goals can’t do it.

3 Likes