Brisbane Eagles Match Review - 2020 round 15

He tries, I will concede that but his disposal both hand and foot is atrocious.

2 Likes

Merrett - 30 disposals. Now has 30+ disposals in 5 of his last 6 games.

Langford - 29 disposals at 80% DE. He is now a established midfielder.

Parish - 22 disposals, 6 clearances, 6 tackles. Best hands in congestion.

Ridley - 25 disposals, 13 marks. Should be leading our B&F this season.

Walla - 10 disposals. Kicked 4 of our 6 goals for the match.

They were all of the positives I could find in the match tonight.

Just play the kids for the rest of the year, and get a top 5 pick.

11 Likes

We won the clearances.

No point winning even more if we don’t have anyone in the team who can kick.

We need silk not grunt.

we are a 7th to 14th team.

nothing has really changed.

There was a lot to like about that game in a tactical sense. We matched it with one of the best teams in the company for large periods of that game.

We just didn’t take our opportunities. Very frustrating.

Be better. Demand higher.

4 Likes

Our defence is in real disarray. BZT doesn’t cut it, so doesn’t Gleeson. Hurley can’t defend one on one either. We need to find one. Should’ve chased Dougal Howard last off season.

4 Likes

That farking simple.

Best we played all year but we bottled it, and they couldn’t miss.

1 Like

We genuinely have the lowest footy IQ team in the competition.

9 Likes

We’re one percent of polish away from smashing **"ts like this!

Was happy with that; to dominate tempo for large parts against such a well structured team was a real positive.

I’ll take that.

Oh, and just so I’m not too positive, James Stewart needs ‘bringthe ****ING ball down to the front of the pack’ training.

3 Likes

You can be physical which i think we were and still be horrific at tackling.

Eagles players walked through the tackles

Highlights

4th QTR 50/50 Stewart/McGovern free in goal square, neither player had a ■■■■■■■ clue who the free was for, telling

3rd qtr siren, 30 seconds left, just need to get the ball up our end at the least…but no, 15m kick sideways, followed by, 15m kick sideways, play on? why? Oh because a normal AFL club would have had a runner out / not braindead players who would have a feel that it’s almost qtr time and we should kick the ball long

Dylan Shiel, directly passing the ball to WC players about 8 times.

JoeDan missing from 15 out

JoeDan missing from 10 out

3rd qtr, eagles player full 360 in tackle, throws ball 5 metres out of bounds, play on

4th qtr, liam ryan kicks ball 15 metres straight over the boundary line, play on

17 to 5 contested marks

But my absolute cherry favourite

Middle part of the 4th qtr, 3 goals down, EFC players get 5 minutes to practice guarding grass while WC kick a world record amount of uncontested marks across their HB line. Absolutely no urgency that they would run out of time to kick goals in that 5 minutes, and were content to just guard grass.

Why?

And why Hurley? Clearly injurrred/cooked, has been all year.

2 ruckman vs the premier ruck / midfield combo NO WAY

Stringer in the middle at any point to get at least some of his touch back in 3 weeks of footy, NUP.

Phillips played a GREAT GAME last week, DROPPED.

Heppell, one goal, one terrible decision across hb to lose the game <=> would have preferred HAM.

Edit: scratch that, would have preferred McG not get injurred, and lead us to an upset win over WC and ■■■■■■■ useless corrupt incompetent assclown umpires.

5 Likes

Pretty boring, our big blokes unsighted. It was that last second goal in the 3rd. Not shamed but we needed to pull the trigger earlier. Sloppy. Huddo nailed it, we wanted to win so badly we hurried everything

Reality check, beaten by better side who didn’t crp emselves. Hurd just called it nothing game. Was like keeping candy off a baby.

Not in the middle we weren’t. We can’t fkn stick a tackle. Like watching their mids run through sprinklers.

1 Like

They had 15 shots on goal??

And kicked 6 of straight from 40+ meters.

They were actually pretty good.

Our basic skill errors are just so bad and constantly let us down.

2 Likes

We had one more shot than them and yet they doubled our goal tally.

They scored 9 goals and only two in the second half. That’s not a team cutting anyone up

2 Likes

I will take Francis over Hurley

Francis at least has time ahead to learn how execute basic handballs to players 2 metres away.

1 Like

Bingo

Defending also includes ability to kill the footy in the air. The Eagles took 17 contested marks, numerous times they marked the footy on the wing which set up their scoring chains. Defending in the modern game is more than just scoreboard impact.

2 Likes