Brownlow betting scandal

I partly think that was the whole reason for that little swipe, to cut out speculation that it was Ray. Cant let the AFLs poster-boy be tarnished with rampant speculation.

Iā€™d say no but tell us anyway.

4 Likes

as if umpires have friends

5 Likes

No.

Itā€™s much more dangerous to say one ump is corrupt than to say all of them are. Ask Hird.

16 Likes

Fair enough. It wasnt a reliable source anyway.

So, umpires are fixing matches. Well I could have told you that years ago.

And who would have thought 11,000 Sportsbet ads a day on Australian TV wouldnā€™t cause problems? What do ya know?

5 Likes

People need to stop complaining about umpires, itā€™s not their faultā€¦ā€¦ its the rules which are the problem.

Oh wait.

1 Like
28 Likes

Were the betting agencies offering match specific brownlow bets?

Thatā€™s gotta be open to insider skullduggery.

1 Like

The media are burying the lead for some reason.

The headline is ā€œUmpire accused of Brownlow vote leaking rortā€

Surely ā€œAFL umpire arrested for Brownlow vote leakingā€ is what it should be.

3 Likes

Canā€™t blame umpires for this, as they believe all rules are open to interpretation.

18 Likes

Literally just saw your tweet of this

1 Like

Oh look nothing to see here no umpire bias during matches no umpire bias when giving out votes ā€¦

Letā€™s just more umpires involved in each match ā€¦ that will fix the problem lol

ā€œAFL UMPIRE SENT TO TURKISH PRISON IN IZMIR TO ANSWER FOR ALLEGATIONS OF HIGH CRIMES AND MISDEMEANOURSā€

1 Like

I drive past a Turkish prison in Cappadoccia a few years agoā€¦. Wowee good luck being in thereā€¦

Time to re-watch operation flagrant foul I think on netflix

3 Likes

Typical scummy umpires.

Can the AFL just hurry up and make Cripps hand back his Brownlow. Allowing Fark Carlton to think it still belongs to him is just wrong given this scandal.

Fark Carlton

1 Like

I understand the umpire tried to flee police running backwards.

35 Likes