Buddy out of final - has "mental health" issue

Feel for Buddy right now. People have no idea how tough it is to regularly root Jacinta Campbell and receive $1.5m a year to play footy. Hope the kid gets through it.

Feel for Buddy right now. People have no idea how tough it is to regularly root Jacinta Campbell and receive $1.5m a year to play footy. Hope the kid gets through it.

Yeah, depression doesn’t really give a fark how much money you have, or who you’re ■■■■■■■■.

Unless of course you’re broke and ■■■■■■■■ nobody. Then it cares. A lot.

Nine years in the salary cap. Just a touch of karma there.
What do you mean, double G?
Imo Sydney has become the modern day Carlton.

Based on Longmires interview on AFL360 and the beyondblue banner at bottom of screen fairly obvious it’s depression.

Based on Longmires interview on AFL360 and the beyondblue banner at bottom of screen fairly obvious it's depression.

I would say that too.

But the AFL has given me zero reason to believe anything they say ever.

Thompson, Hay, and now Franklin. Hawthorn have a knack.

Thompson, Hay, and now Franklin. Hawthorn have a knack.

We’re happy team at hawthorn…?

You’d think epileptic seizures would require the player to take at least a week off footy, duty of care and all of that, so I’m not sure why they need to bring up mental health issues.

Anyway, it’s strange, something isn’t quite right. If its true, then my gut says there is more to it, and it will be carefully managed by the AFL. Surely he will be scrutinised for the rest of his career?

I really don’t trust the afl though. Not sure whether to get my popcorn or not, the AFL weren’t happy about the 10 year deal so they aren’t going to want to help Sydney out if Franklin falls significantly short of fulfilling his contract.

I think even if he got 10 strikes the AFL would do ■■■■ all about it. Make rules up as they go.

Farking bullshit AFL just dont trust anything they say.

You sir are a flog

You'd think epileptic seizures would require the player to take at least a week off footy, duty of care and all of that, so I'm not sure why they need to bring up mental health issues.

Anyway, it’s strange, something isn’t quite right. If its true, then my gut says there is more to it, and it will be carefully managed by the AFL. Surely he will be scrutinised for the rest of his career?

I really don’t trust the afl though. Not sure whether to get my popcorn or not, the AFL weren’t happy about the 10 year deal so they aren’t going to want to help Sydney out if Franklin falls significantly short of fulfilling his contract.

Hmm… not quite sure it went like that.

1. They announced he wouldn’t play this week due to mental health issues.
  2. Rumours started flying about a seizure on Friday.
  3. The swans responded by making a statement that yes, he had a seizure but that it was not related to his current MH issues and is not the reason he is missing this week.

I don’t think the Swans ever intended to link the two - it just kind of all happened that way.

You'd think epileptic seizures would require the player to take at least a week off footy, duty of care and all of that, so I'm not sure why they need to bring up mental health issues.

3. The swans responded by making a statement that yes, he had a seizure but that it was not related to his current MH issues and is not the reason he is missing this week.

I don’t think the Swans ever intended to link the two - it just kind of all happened that way.

Ok, I’m just surprised then that they kept the epilepsy a secret then instead of the mental illness, probably thought they could cover it up.

What’s actually wrong?

Drugs, depression, seizures, what to do with all that cash?

Its always obvious when at the bottom of an article they list the Beyond Blue and Lifeline numbers.

Ok, I’m just surprised then that they kept the epilepsy a secret then instead of the mental illness, probably thought they could cover it up.

They didn’t cover anything up, they just didn’t think it was relevant to the reason he wasn’t playing. Believe it or not, clubs do not have a responsibility to declare all the players medical conditions for the public to know. Seems strange though but you will feel better after you go on public TV and tell everyone what you suffer from.

Caro thinks Luke Parker is a defender.

If what’s reported is to be believed, then good luck to him.

If what's reported is to be believed, then good luck to him.

Agree. A few things just don’t add up here but rather than be cynical let’s just wish him all the best for a speedy recovery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWY9S-uKU-4

is that enrico palazzo

If what's reported is to be believed, then good luck to him.

Agree. A few things just don’t add up here but rather than be cynical let’s just wish him all the best for a speedy recovery.

Nah stuff it - lets be completely cynical about everything in the AFL until there is absolute proof otherwise. I’m working on the belief that he has drug induced psychosis. I’m also going to continually push the possibility that the AFL have done a deal with Sydney that will see them not have to honour their 10 year commitments to him in their official salary cap. This is all a trade off for the Swans not making any more noise about the AFL’s corruption. Lets get this rumour doing the rounds - its probably closer to the truth than anything we’ll be fed.