Burning Jealousy - 11th in 2018 to flag in 2019

Losing to Hawthorn twice burns

1 Like

Pretty ambivalent. Ask me again Round 1 2019 Iā€™ll probably have a better answer. I canā€™t fathom maintaining any kind of fury for the next six months.

ā€œHolding on to negative feelings impacts your mental healthā€ and all that. Iā€™m a bit of a flog in that regard.

2 Likes

Buy some XRP and get to every game next year. Win

this has nothing on the 70s.

He could also have said we need more players who can play smart footy.

Collingwood win and theyā€™ll be equal with us and Carlton for 16 premiershipsā€¦yeahā€¦

I concur with everyone - re: our massive need for quality mids. Pies had 60 vs 26 hitouts tonight. Grundy slaughtered Nankervis. Not a huge diff in clearance numbers, but he was massive in their engine room. Sidebottom was off the charts, as were Adams and Crisp. Surprisingly, Pendlebury and Treloar were OK tonight, but not defining players. The Tigers had the midfield to match them (on paper), however, Dusty was lame with his knee issue and shouldnā€™t have been selected. Couldnā€™t move, constantly handballed and was a liability in many ways. Prestia went missing in the first half, Cotchin was frustrated with his lack of ump support, and there were no other Tiger mids offering any value. They were comprehensively beaten across the ground, though.

1 Like

Collingwoods full back tonight is only 190cm & their CHB has played 3 games back from a reco & was beaten in the VFL by Stewart before that. Scharenberg & Dunn were their best 2 tall defenders for most of the year - both missing along with Moore who hasnā€™t been fit. You couldnā€™t say their backline has been settled - not like Richmondā€™s who were rendered ineffective tonight because their midfield was completely dominated.

4 Likes

Matty Knghts got one thing right. Steele Sidebottom is one hell of a player.

3 Likes

Success is measured by the quality of your training facilities and the money in your bank, not onfield success.

Damn, Collingwood do alright there, tooā€¦

2 Likes

Hell yeah, I hear ya. Iā€™ll stew on it for a few weeks or more and then switch off for a bit (hopefully), however, tonight was hard. I feel more than just jealously right now. I can contain it, though. Have a loving family to take care of. And a long w/end awaits. I still think it should burn and be used as motivating fuel for future success. Footy has always been about winning flags. Perhaps, I am too old school.

Couldnā€™t care less about tonightā€™s result.

1 Like

Success is measured by oneā€™s proximity to the airport?

2 Likes

Diggers being contrarian; now thereā€™s a shock

One of the real lessons from the last two years isā€¦

Stick with your coach.

4 Likes

No the lesson isā€¦ have a review that puts pressure on the coach, then stick with them.

3 Likes

It all depends on whether we can bring the same intensity as we did for the last 13 or so games this year. Our midfield is ok, can always do with more talent of course, but it is not the dire situation that is being made out in here. FFS these guys had Chris Mayne in their midfield tonight, about 14 months after he was being booed in their reserves matches.

Joe Daniher has a lot of questions to be asked

1 Like

So was Gumby at the same time.

The Tigers played Dusty injured tonight and paid the consequences. We played Joey injured for 7 games and paid the consequences. Lesson learned is ā€˜donā€™t play injured players, regardless of their talent, etcā€™. I banged on about this earlier in the year. So, we should have a fit and firing Joey back in 2019. He will make a massive diff to our team.

3 Likes