Burning Jealousy - 11th in 2018 to flag in 2019

I agree Aceman and people on here whinge about playing ‘overs’ for mids. Much of Collingwood’s team started at other clubs.

I am jealous. My dad and brother go for Collingwood and they are back at the big dance again. I saw 4 flags, 3 Runners up and a couple of heartbreaking prelims in my first 21 years as a supporter. We’ve been nowhere for 17 years. Hope it’s our turn in 2019.

The only bit of solace I took from last night’s game was having the cocky Tiger’s fans smile wiped from their dial.

If Collingwood equal our premiership tally next week I’ll vomit.

3 Likes

it’s all dodoros fault that they won.
You’re all fkwts.

It’s a joke that Collingwood are into the GF and we couldn’t even make finals. We better fkg being the intent from day 1 of pre season

They are not that good talent wise. They play as a team and have brought the pressure though, and they clearly are all on the same page. It’s a huge credit to Buckley. Fmd they have no key forwards who are regularly good, no key backs. They have a midfield and good medium sized players.

What’s that tell you? Once again, KPP are overrated. The eagles did it without darling and Kennedy for big chunks. The tigers have never had anything apart from rance and jack other than battlers, the dogs never had fk all, the pies don’t this year

Seriously, the proof is right there. Year over year.

5 Likes

Apart from the ones that destroyed Richmond last night.

6 Likes

We said it religiously over the first half of the season… EFC has a soft underbelly and f*cked culture.

Hopefully things have turned the corner.

I’m not even angry about Collingwood making it… but the laughing stock of the competition in Melbourne FC playing a Preliminary final, with half the senior coaching group they poached from our club.

Melbourne is the club that makes me sick to the guts, for the fact that we were arguing that they’re Fitzroy level bad… has now over taken us.

1 Like

Zaka is a perfect example of a player who would not get in Collingwoods midfield. When it comes time to defend he is a slow jogger an in my opinion a soft tackler but when goin forward seems to find the extra gear. Been goin on for years

9 Likes

Richmond fans on the way home didn’t look like they were hurting. Not like how I remember the train in 99.

1 Like

Agreed

we lost to the pies in our last game by 4 points - in a game even their own supporters say they were heavily favoured by the umpires.
It ended up being +10 frees to them.

We’re already there
If it hadn’t been for our ordinary start to the season - we would have been in the 8 - and who knows creating chaos.

the pies had a soft as margarine draw and got very favorable treatment from the umpires - we’re better than them and we’re going to smash them next year.

2 Likes

This for me is the major ingredient for success.

It’s what farked up the early part of our season. The players were not playing as a team who were in agreement as to how to play as a team. Penny finally dropped for all on what how they needed to play together. Plus we were carrying a bunged up JoeyD where we still played through him in attack. Joey out, Neeld out and that penny i mentioned dropped and bang we well. Yet we still didn’t beat Collingwood or Richmond or Hawthorn during our purple patch. So it is still a matter of conjecture if we could have lifted to that next level and do well in the finals.

I think Melbourne are the yardstick for us as they have not won finals for an eternity and managed to get it all together in one season and carry themselves with BELIEF and SKILL and INTENSITY deep into the finals. Regardless of what happens today.

I’m not jealous. Good luck to the teams in the finals. And trust me I loathe and love denigrating Collingwood… Someone tells me they barrack for Collingwood I can’t help but throw in a crack about it. No, my emotion is one of longing. One of wanting to have success for us as a club, and for me as a supporter.

10 Likes

Because they won a flag the previous year

We almost knocked them off! (And we almost knocked Richmond off, we did knock WCE off)

Seriously don’t get carried away with the bottom end of the Pies list. Mayne is a regular. Varcoe is too. Goldsack went straight in off a VFL game where he got soundly beaten. Their forward line is a midfielder and a 6’10” carrot.
They have some holes and some ordinary players. Just like us.

They’re just playing a very, very good style of footy - just like us - and did it for a whole year. Unlike us.

7 Likes

I agree with all that. But as I said in earlier posts, its our style of footy, our commitment to the cause, is way off.

4 Likes

If anyone in Blitz is jealous of anything Collifilth, then they need a good talking to.

Pretty sure eagles lost most of their games when Darling and Kennedy were out.
Richmond have Rance and Crimes and Astbury in defence and Jack up forward.

2 Likes

Yeah nah, not after round 8.

I’m upset about the pies success, but happy that I’ll be able to give it to cocky af Richmond fans again.

Ultimately if the booers or the skiiers get up next week I’ll ‘ok’ with how it all turned out

1 Like

Fkg concur. Have a look at the intent, desperation & pressure Collingwood brought last night. Richmond brought it throughout the finals last year & the Dogs the year before. We need this mindset desperately. IMO, we have at least as talented a list as those sides did, the mindset we are light years from.

1 Like