Bushfires

If you live in Warrandyte or Kangaroo Ground, crash on someone's couch in the city tonight.

Good luck to everyone in those areas

1 Like

Stay safe.

1 Like

Rosebud, dromana, McRae area coped some fire last night, but I don't think any houses were lost.

My sister moved to Hastings a year or so ago, l better give her a call to check they are all okay. 

Temps dropping so hopefully a change might be coming through early and be helpful for the firies.

Temps dropping so hopefully a change might be coming through early and be helpful for the firies.

No, temp hasn't risen yet ;)

38.4 in the Docklands, with a high of 38.5 at 11.03 so not sure where that's coming from.

1493055_246741182169832_2059938812_n_zps

38.4 in the Docklands, with a high of 38.5 at 11.03 so not sure where that's coming from.

The temp actually dropped from 38 down to 36 but then turned around and went back up again.  We were talking about it at work.

A mate took these in Rainbow yesterday.

The bush fires were started by ■■■■■■ Sauron!

IMG_1509_zps7d943060.jpg

And then the darkness of Mordor decended

IMG_1527_zps85a2822a.jpg

IMG_1517_zpsf1d36a0f.jpg

Geez Louise. Not even sure if I should click the like button because they are some pretty "awesome" pictures but at the same time you think about lives/livestock/properties that are probably being lost in those shots.

What is Sauron?

Pardon the potential stupid question but did the rain last night help anyone at all? I live in the inner suburbs so don't really get bushfire threats, would they have made it to the bushfire zones?

Hope my old footy club is alright.

And then the darkness of Mordor decended

IMG_1527_zps85a2822a.jpg

IMG_1517_zpsf1d36a0f.jpg

Let's just hope the Black Breath doesn't follow on the wings of Nazgûl.

Very much so.

What is Sauron?

Pardon the potential stupid question but did the rain last night help anyone at all? I live in the inner suburbs so don't really get bushfire threats, would they have made it to the bushfire zones?

Sauron was the evil wizard in LOTR. Kept watch on everything with an eye of fire.

Nup. We got a bit the night before. But to stop fires takes serious downpours.

"evil wizard"... *shakes head*

What is Sauron?

Sauron was the evil wizard in LOTR. Kept watch on everything with an eye of fire.

Nup. We got a bit the night before. But to stop fires takes serious downpours.

The downpour we got last night was massive, not sure the final figure in MM but it was huge. Between the heat and the lightning strikes so close to the house I was about to repent my sins.

They were saying that the lightning strikes from the night before weren't forecasted so they think that they actual heat/temp/whatever is causing it. I assume when the normally start it will be out at sea and then drift in, being tracked most of the way but these ones weren't even on the radar so it would be a mixture of air/heat/humidity/wind etc that is creating them.

Well I'm just about to jump in the car and head into the fire zone. Need to see that things are ok. It disturbs me when friends start ringing asking if they can evacuate to my place.