But a source close to the case said it did not follow that there was enough specific evidence

Former Essendon sports scientist Stephen Dank will be asked about a banned peptide but not AOD-9604

GRANT BAKER HERALD SUN MARCH 14, 2014 5:52PM

ASADA has issued controversial sports scientist Stephen Dank with a show cause letter believed to relate to his time at the Essendon football club. Dank is being questioned on 34 Anti-doping violations.

Among the drugs referred to in the show-cause letter handed to Dank‘s lawyers is the banned peptide Thymosin Beta-4, the possible use of which was a focus in the AFL‘s charges against Essendon and ASADA‘s interim report last year.

The letter does not refer to contentious drug AOD-9604.

Dank, Essendon‘s former sports scientist, has consistently denied ever giving players banned drugs and has indicated he will pursue legal redress rather than respond to the show-cause letter.

The anti-doping body has asked Dank to explain 34 potential non-presence anti-doping rule violations, some of which also pertain to supply and administration to Essendon staff.

But a source close to the case said it did not follow that there was enough specific evidence to warrant action against individual Bombers.

Fox Footy’s AFL 360 co-host Mark Robinson thinks the ‘show cause’ letter issued to Stephen Dank could be a significant moment in ASADA’s investigation.

AFL boss Andrew Demetriou said he felt for the players, who are just six days from their season-opening clash with North Melbourne.

“It would be almost impossible to make yourself immune to what‘s going on around you, of course it would have some effect,” Demetriou said.

Dank‘s lawyers described the show-cause letter as a fishing expedition sent in lieu of an interview.

It comprises of a series of questions about Dank‘s conduct at his time at Essendon from late 2011 to late 2012.

Among the substances referred to in the letter are Fibroblast Growth Factors; Mechano Growth Factor; Human Growth Hormone; Hexarelin; SARMS and Thymosin Beta-4.

Dank has 10 days from receipt of the notice to give a written submission answering the 34 points, or put in writing that he has waived his right of reply.

It is understood Dank‘s lawyers intend to contest the validity of the show-cause notice and other aspects of the investigation.

Young Essendon star Dyson Heppell isn’t concerned for his future health, despite being named as one of 12 players in the ASADA report into Essendon’s 2012 supplement program.

There is also a legal question about whether — as a contracted consultant — Dank strictly fits into the category of a support person for the purposes of applying the AFL‘s Anti-Doping Code.

If Dank does not respond to ASADA, the body can recommend the Anti-Doping Rule Violation Panel consider putting him on the Register of Findings, resulting in the AFL issuing an infraction notice and — theoretically, at least — convening an AFL tribunal to hear the case and decide penalties.

Court action could derail that process at several stages.

Demetriou, against whom Dank‘s lawyers are still considering defamation action, said it was “long overdue” that questions has been asked of Dank.

“It‘s disappointing it‘s happening on the eve of the season, I would have preferred it being sent earlier but it is what it is and it‘s not a surprise,” he said on 3AW.

“We‘ve welcomed the appointment of Federal Court judge Garry Downes, his role is to expedite the process and bring finality to this issue and his timetable is the end of April and it would appear he‘s working towards that and I think that‘s good for everybody.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/former-essendon-sports-scientist-stephen-dank-will-be-asked-about-a-banned-peptide-but-not-aod9604/story-fni5f6kv-1226855098583

Thread title win.

Fibroblast.

Haha.

Fibroblast.

A fibroblast is a type of cell that synthesizes the extracellular matrix and collagen,[1] the structural framework (stroma) for animal tissues, and plays a critical role in wound healing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fibroblast
Is that what you mean?

I SAY FIBRO

YOU SAY BLAST

Fibroblast.

Sounds like an 80s arcade game.

Sportsbet should open a new market in how long these threads last

I loved Mechano as a kid.

Mechano! I forgot about that stuff. Good times!

[URL=http://s432.photobucket.com/user/itsemu/media/Tech/0_zps9d0bd412.jpg.html]0_zps9d0bd412.jpg[/URL]
[URL=http://s432.photobucket.com/user/itsemu/media/Tech/nuclear_clown_bomb_zps3e3369f0.jpg.html]

[/URL]

Thread title win.

Fibroblast.

Haha.

Fibroblast.

A fibroblast is a type of cell that synthesizes the extracellular matrix and collagen,[1] the structural framework (stroma) for animal tissues, and plays a critical role in wound healing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fibroblast
Is that what you mean?

I SAY FIBRO

YOU SAY BLAST

Fibroblast.

Sounds like an 80s arcade game.

Sportsbet should open a new market in how long these threads last

I loved Mechano as a kid.

Mechano! I forgot about that stuff. Good times!