But I thought those WERE the words

Aah, yes we've all done it, got song words wrong. What are yours?

Just recently I was listening to a One Direction (cringe) song, I think it was called One Thing, and there is a line in the song which goes

.....I'm frozen and can't breathe......

But I  THOUGHT it said -

.......I'm frozen in Cadbury........  (yep cos that makes sense  NOT) :rolleyes:

I thought that Eskimo Joe, in their song titled Black Fingernails, Red Wine were singing "I don't understand the point of fingers".

They were in fact singing "All of us stand and point our fingers".

Which makes sense.

Phil Collins

"She has her very own talk show"

it's actually

"She seems to have an invisible touch yeah"

I thought it was 'I don't understand the point of being good.'

I also thought it changed in the second or third chorus.  Huh.

Mrs THT would own this thread.

Cold Chisel's Flame Trees.......... the flame trees of I'm a weary driver..... wtf? Had no clue for years what it meant or was.   To be honest, that goes for a lot of Jimmy Barne's diction.

Let's not even discuss Aussie Crawl.

"Reved up like a d ouche"

Don't wanna be your monkey wrench

My morning tea's an accident

couple of others I've heard of...

"scuse me, while I kiss this guy"

"Slow walking walter - fire engine guy"

"you make the rice - I'll make the gravy - OH but it just may be some tuna fish you're looking for"

Hold me closer, Tony Danza

I've got the book 'Scuse Me etc...

It's not bad.

Alex the Seal is an oldie but a goodie.

My favourites are 'Everybody thinks she's a spaz,' and, 'forty-five versions of a pelican.'

I thought Bolt Thrower were saying 'UUUUUUUUUUUURGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!', but it was really  'UUUUUUUUUUUARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

I thought that Eskimo Joe, in their song titled Black Fingernails, Red Wine were singing "I don't understand the point of fingers".

They had to address this publicly, as too many people were coming up to them after gigs asking " Really, you don't understand the point of fingers?"

"Cheap whine and three legged goat"

"Cheap whine and three legged goat"

You Greek?

There are probably close to 100 websites out there with mistaken song lyrics. The best of them l have found is "kissthisguy.com" which is from Purple Haze by Hendrix. The best entry l found on there was "Might as well face it, you're just a ■■■■ with a glove." Robert Palmer commenting on MJ, yeah / nah.  

Take your pants down, and make it happen.

There are probably close to 100 websites out there with mistaken song lyrics. The best of them l have found is "kissthisguy.com" which is from Purple Haze by Hendrix. The best entry l found on there was "Might as well face it, you're just a ■■■■ with a glove." Robert Palmer commenting on MJ, yeah / nah.  

Might as well face it you're a ■■■■■■■■ to love