Calder Freeway crash: One dead after petrol tanker rolls, cars crushed

Horrific crash

Not good at all.

I wonder how it ended up rolling there. Article doesn’t even speculate.

too fast

That’s a fair old incline in that section of the outbound lane.

Could be a number of factors, including bricks thrown from bridges above.

Those petrol tank drivers are a bunch of cowboys. So many of them crash because they drive too fast and take scary chances by taking corners too fast.

Drove alongside one the other day while I was doing 100, the truck was screaming past me doing probably 120. Now imagine a fully laden one going around a sharper bend…

That's a fair old incline in that section of the outbound lane.

if the bricks were thrown from above the truck would be closer to the ringroad turn off.

if the bricks were thrown from above the truck would be closer to the ringroad turn off.

There are footbridges further back down the hill IIRC.

There are footbridges further back down the hill IIRC.

it isn’t bricks that have caused the truck to overturn

Not a bad day to call in a sickie. This is a mess. Could have been worse 30 mins latet

crash was believed to have been caused by a car suddenly pulling out in front of the truck and the driver reacted to avoid the car and lost control of the truck crashing into several other cars before overturning.

crash was believed to have been caused by a car suddenly pulling out in front of the truck and the driver reacted to avoid the car and lost control of the truck crashing into several other cars before overturning.

I see cars cutting off trucks all the time on my trip from Croydon to Dandebong and back every day.
Sometimes I wish they’d just drive straight through them

I see cars cutting off trucks all the time on my trip from Croydon to Dandebong and back every day.
Sometimes I wish they’d just drive straight through them

yeah and theres a final car that hasn’t been investigated as they have to make it safe incase it all goes up. so may be more dead.

Horrible for all involved.