Cancer can go get rooted

Deepest sympathies to you and your family Pazza. Lost my Dad to cancer just over six years ago and he pops into my thoughts every day. Remember all the good times mate.

My condolences to you and family @pazza.
It’s so hard losing a loved one.
Look after your hearts and each other

So sorry to hear that mate. Take some solace in the fact he had those he loved with him at the end and that his suffering has ended. I know my words won’t make it any easier, but like many others here, if you need to reach out, don’t hesitate to. Condolences to you and your family Pazza, life has just changed forever for all of you. Lean on each other and remember the man you loved, not the disease that took him from you.

2 Likes

Condolences Pazza

Condolences to you and family @pazza.

1 Like

You said it best Pazza when you said your father’s suffering is over, no more pain. That doesn’t make your loss any less, but having the whole family there at the end would have made his passing less painful for him.

Take it easy on yourself young man, and welcome back to BBlitz, we have missed you.

2 Likes

your dad was a lovely guy. RIP Peter.

condolences and the pain on his part has stopped but hope yours dims soon and remember the good times… from experience it takes time

2 Likes

Very sorry to hear that @pazza.

Thoughts to you and your family pazza. :frowning:

That was a hard day. But to see St. Thomas Anglican Church at Werribee packed to the rafters and the Hoppers Crossing Fire Station similarly packed at the wake was incredible.

Still do not know Mum and I managed to speak.

5 Likes

I found out today if your healthy and 18-35 you can go on the stem cell(bone marrow) donor list.

If your a match for someone, you can help someone with blood cancer survive it.

Damn i wish if known about it when i was young enough.

Its really important as only about 30% of people who get blood cancer have someone in their family who matches for a stem cell transplant.

Can save people anywhere in the world!

2 Likes

Yes- I am a lucky bone marrow transplant survivor with a sister as a donor.
It would be wonderful if many more were on the registry, particularly these days as the success rate for unrelated donor transplants has really improved over the years.

6 Likes

They could/should probably advertise that more.
I’ve been on an organ donor list for yonks and this is the first I’ve heard of stem cell list (though in hindsight it makes sense).
Unfortunately like you I’ve probably (got 10 months) run out of time as well.

Hugs @pazza, will be the hardest thing you will ever have to do and as time passes, on reflection, you will realise you have done your dad proud.

3 Likes

Yeah i just saw the flyer at the blood bank.

And you may not get called up for a donation, its a rare match so many people need to be on the register.

Its only like a plasma donation if your needed

2 Likes

Yes- this is something you’ll always be so glad that you did. The huge turn out is a wonderful reflection on how valued your dad was by so many.

2 Likes

I’ve just booked in to give plasma next month so I’ll chuck my name on the registry anyway.
Now to spam all my younger friends about it . . . Haha

4 Likes

Dads ashes are bein interred tomorrow at the family church in Sunshine. He will join back up with his Mum, Dad, Nana and Pa. For the first time 1977 they will be all together again.

11 Likes