CarrotSalad was right - review of Adelaide 2020 round 8

We will 100% beat the lions. I reckon we match up well against them. Also, I will be going to this game and we have won the last 8 games I’ve been to.

24 Likes

Yep. If for no other reason than we’re expected to lose.

Our problems mostly come about when we are expected to win.

I think we are all happy with 5-2. It’s just I can’t see us going on to be 10-4.

There is no chance that Langford goes for that bump surely?

I have not seen a single mention of it anywhere in the media and they would usually of hung us by now.

Our game is getting soft if that’s anything more than a fine.

2 Likes

I feel more confident about us against Brisbane than Adelaide.

Having Shiel back is like having a safety blanket - felt a bit exposed the last few weeks without him there and the extra rotation in the midfield.

Having a few talls as options is handy too.

3 Likes

Facts

Apart from Ridley’s intercept marks, through out the day, we were consistently out marked every part of the ground. (In the last 30 seconds Hurley and Redman took a mark each…I was totally surprised by it).

Our kick outs continues to be shocking, and long kicks to smalls, with no talls. Kick into the forward line is also ■■■■■ with no tall targets.

West Coast had Kennedy, Darling, Allan and Waterman playing in their forward line.

Brisbane plays tall as well. We need to bring BZT and Stewart or Draper, just to even the contest at least.

4 Likes

Depends, was he wearing an essendon jumper?

He wore a cape today.

1 Like

Just select a forwardline.

Doesn’t even have to be a good one.

I’d settle for Stewart who can play the statue role in the square if he wants, and Mozzie to just cause chaos.

Smack gets a lesser opponent.

Profit.

Hopefully you are right. For some strange reason I feel confident about the Lions game. I reckon we match up okay and will surprise many with a win.

Agreed. I’m willing to accept up to one loss over the next seven games.

5 Likes

Man our forward line at the moment is so farkin horrible. One of the reasons why I actually think this list is actually placed well for the next few years- is we still are managing to scrap out some competitive performances- despite this absolute squashed lemon of a fwd line, which is due largely to injuries.

1 Like

Well I think you’ll find the next few weeks very willing.

Meh, lacks polish for mine.

I noticed two. Two shots at goal under no pressure that ended in disappointment.

Love this.

Townsend running in to stop the cheap shot at Smith

22 Likes

Phillips plays today, we lose. Bellcho was great.

Selectors 1, 95% Blitzers 0.

18 Likes

Thats awesome. Only see wins.

1 Like

Just admit you like him.

2 Likes