Cars for the people

what’d ya get ?

New 3 series Beemer.

Been all over the ■■■■■■■ world but not in my drive way yet

like the maccas you haven’t got yet.

Test drove a few mk7 golf Rs, gonna keep an eye out for a clean one over the next 6 months and will hopefully have something by Feb.

2 Likes

Soon enough

I think mines the 7.5 Wolfsburg and it’s a great car. Got everything you need without breaking the bank. The Grid Model might also be worth looking out for as it had a lower starting price (doesn’t have the digital dash, leather seats and a few other things)

Can’t tow with it which is a ■■■■■■■, but I think I’ll get an alltrack Wolfsburg next if I can for towing.

I’d love a scirocco R if it was 4motion

1 Like

You can turn that off. It’s in the settings menu on the main screen. Maybe “activity braking” or something similar.

Undecided. Probably stops me from taking out a pedestrian.

The other thing that annoys me is there’s so much ‘car nanny’. For example I drove down my street and passed what I thought was a wallet. Now I tried to drive backwards with the door open slowly so that I could pick it up, but the car shot itself and wouldn’t budge.

Had to reverse all the way back and get out of the car.

Anyway, turns out it wasn’t a wallet.

1 Like

Can turn that off too. I think it’s in the menu as “run over pensioner then reverse back to collect their wallet/handbag”. Damned Germans think of everything.

1 Like

Just checked mine: settings, parking and braking, manoever braking.

Just stops the auto braking when parking. Doesn’t affect the auto emergency braking - eg running up the clacker of the car in front if it brakes suddenly and unexpectedly.

Think I’ll leave it on.

One day I’ll end up backing into a pole at a servo or something. So unless I find a wallet that has a few grand in it, might not be worth it.

Still. A fun car to drive. How you like yours?

2 Likes

Mine’s a 7.5 GTI. Love, love love it. Brilliant cars. Best of all the adjustable suspension, steering and throttle. It’s like two cars for the price of one: hot hatch AND family cruiser. I imagine the R is better again.

i want a scirocco r bad, but its not 4motion which sucks.

2 Likes

The new corvette stingray coming next year looks pretty cool…

Can hardly believe its a holden.

Mid engined, rwd. Reckon it will be a lot of fun.

Looks a bit like a Ferrari.

Impressive performance to be compared to cars costing 50-100% more.

Call me crazy, but I prefer the look of the '19.

1 Like

Now that … is a car.

Possibly the pinnacle of US car design, for mine.

1 Like

I’m loving my new Skoda with 4 motion, same motor as the Golf R and all the VW/Audi/Skoda group gizmos. A VW enthusiast mate of mine rigged up the interface to the software and upgraded me to all the traffic alerts, speed cameras etc; I was going to buy him a beer but he brought me one from his fridge. Top bloke.

6 Likes