Cars for the people

What is that? Octavia or superb?

Was def keen on Skoda, but the sales people were terrible, and FWD was a deal breaker.

Mine is a Superb. 4*4 206kw. The Octavia is only available in Australia in FWD but the Superb has a lot more power and needs the 4wd to transfer the power to the road effectively. I don’t dig fwd either, the 4wd is awesome, it feels so well planted and balanced.

2 Likes

For 99% of the time you’re only get 5% power to the rear wheels with vws 4motion.

Yeah I get that. The reason I was shopping Skoda was I could get a manual(from memory, and a towbar, but it was FWD. wasn’t sure on towing with FWD.

Criminally under-rated cars, Skodas. Especially the Octavia and Superb.

1 Like

Something broke on the Golf R, gotta get towed FFS.

Want to start looking for next car to replace on old Subaru liberty.

Any tips on medium sized car suited to towing small trailer.

I just test drove a Kia Seltos, new small SUV. Really good for the price imo.

1 Like

Will be a great car but still $160k. The new mustang with 500+ kw for $100k is a bargain. Strangely no auto offered so will be nearly a second slower over the 1/4 than if it had the 10 speed auto.

1 Like

Toyota Camry. If you don’t mind being mistaken for an uber driver.
:rofl:

1 Like

I think the Aussie market for muscle dont mind dropping the clutch occaisonally?

Plus if its auto and at $160k you have buyers who are weighing up pretty nice euro offerings instead.

I understand. I have a SS Torana hatch 308 with m21. Strange back then how a manual would flog an auto now it’s the other way around. Modern technology. However I do like aircon and power steering.

Does it have a C.B. shuffle and a dashboard muffle?

Another nice vehicle.

Love a road legal gofast go kart.

3 Likes

Better get in quick Vander they’re only making 6.!!!

Nah never went down the C.B route. Did pull out the 7 band Voxson graphic equaliser and the Uniden in dash Radar detector in the late 80’s though. Man I miss that graphic equaliser.

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Limited edition.

Most years Lotus would only sell a handful.

But hey nothing like a spesh edition to get the punters in.

Tesla truck.
Can’t say I like it, not sure what it looks like inside or even if it drives.

Not sure why they made it in late-90s resolution, but you do you Elon.

3 Likes

toyota and hyundai bringing it recently

https://twitter.com/TOYOTA_GR/status/1202135449323458561

Holden will be axed at the end of 2020, ending 72 years of the brand’s automotive association with Australia.

Holden’s global parent company General Motors has decided to retreat from right-hand drive vehicles internationally, informing Holden staff and dealers at midday today.

Approximately 600 of 800 jobs will be lost, including workers from Holden’s design studio.

The remaining workers will stay on to service Holden’s ongoing warranty commitments.

In December 2013 Holden announced it would cease production of vehicles in Australia and transition to an import-focused business model.

In 2017 the last Australian made vehicles – the venerable VF Commodore – rolled off the line at Adelaide’s Elizabeth plant.

Currently Holden imports General Motors vehicles into Australia from its sales headquarters in Port Melbourne.

Holden is also supported by a national parts distribution centre, a global design studio and its traditional car proving ground at Lang Lang.