Cars for the people

5430489144_bdb349f41c.jpg

The father of kid I played soccer with had one of theses Eureka kit cars, I think it may have used a VW engine.

Yep, they did. If you had one in the garage, putting a Mazda rotary in it would be the go.

hope it's not an omen to be talking about eurekas and bowells as the edwards/aylett news breaks

If you can ignore the music it's a great sound;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lHLuotmoYs&feature=share&list=UUYi_2iWdjuktf9GzwCMIjtw

Find a clip of a Jag F Series V6 S under trailing throttle and you'll hear one of the greatest sounds in automotive history. The things snarl and crackle and spit - just beautiful.

Missus took one for a test drive!

p1.jpg?ct=5188ae52962a

Always liked the Gulf Oil colors on race cars, GT40 looks the business.

Small d*ck what????

Small d*ck what????

Well if you want a big ■■■■ I guess you'll buy a Prius then?

I'm glad nobody has chosen a BMW or an Audi for their daily drive.

Small d*ck what????

For that money you can buy a bigger d*** these days anyway.

1331146142_1976-Porsche-935-76.jpg

If anyone remembers the original Transformers this is what Jazz a 935 Porsche in Martini colors was based on.

Now I'm off to log onto Ebay and see if I can buy an original one in mint condition (the transformer that is).

Small d*ck what????

I was thinking a push bike with training wheels, but Prius is fine.

Christ that's ugly.

Functional ugliness. Not ugly in the true sense of the word, like F1 cars for example. 

pontiac-aztek-yellow.jpg

I'll just leave this here.

It's got tiny wheels!

for those of you younger than me - this was made out of factory in Mordialloc in the early 70s lol

1972-bolwell-nagari-351-v8-coupe.jpg

Ah the old Bolwell. A mate had one of those. Looked good, went hard (his was basically a Monaro mechanically), but still for all the good points, it was in essence a pretty crude fiberglass kit car. We all wanted to drive it though none the less.

And in fact when I look at that now, it looks to me like a sort of copy of (more inspired by) an Alfa Montreal. (another lovely little Italian classic)

summed up perfectly, including the 'we all wanted to drive it' bit!

That factory was still in existence into the 1990's, just near the creek, on Boundary Rd. Pretty close to my home at one stage. 

Geek’s Ferrari wins the thread.

Audi RS2. My dream car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzI2uciaNmY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpYd_YOzbK8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNwST_kJp_s

So has anyone actually seen a new Bolwell Nagari? Bit ugly, but as a zippy little ■■■■■■■ I’d be interested!

• daily driver

It’s likely to be a crap spec, but I like the look of the Toyota 86
    Toyota-86-w4.jpg
  • exotic
    2004%20Mercedes%20Benz%20SL%20600%2003.j
  • classic (15+ years old)

I’d love to own a Pontiac Firebird. Something about the back quarter panel lines that I like about it.
    68-Formula-400-Firebird.jpg
  • Aussie produced (any era or model)

I own a HSV but even I’d prefer a good old fashioned GT.

• 1 more of your choice

Chev Camaro. Love the back quarter panel. This is very line all with the Firebird, but I cannot quite find the right image of the model of Firebird that sets it apart from he Camaro.
    Chevrolet1968Camaro_Set09_01-vi.jpg

Edit: found the right Firebird image.

The car my son built when he was living in LA. The boy is a bit of a petrol head 

dcar-2_zps01493169.jpg

dcar-1_zps381cf461.jpg

• BMW M3 (or has it become the 4 now?)  (daily driver)
  • Porsche 911 Turbo (had it for one day, amazing)  (exotic)
  • Mercedes-Benz 300SL (building) (classic)
  • Holden Effigy  (Aussie)
  • 1963 Chevrolet Corvette (bonus)

Yeah Buggy, the BMW coupes are the even numbers from the next updates. Nice pick with the Effigy, btw.

Back to the LaFerrari for a minute. How do you top the last hypercar, named after your iconic founder? Yep, call it The Ferrari.

The. Ferrari.

Love it. Can’t wait to see one; 5 are coming here. One has to be for Lindsay Fox.