Celebrity Deaths 2019

The ABC broadcast one of his interviews in which he referred to internal divisions as the reason for his resignation. My father muttered that he was also shafted over something to do with the Upfield line ( written up in his memoirs)

Neil Innes, member of Bonzo Dog Band, a Rutle and musical collaborator with Monty Python crew, has shuffled off this mortal coil and ceased to be.

“How sweet to be an idiot.”

5 Likes

Bye, bye to the Urban Spaceman.

2 Likes

Steve Miller has died?

The Bonzo Dog Band released a single with that title, several years before Mr. Miller sold out and became a commercial success.

2 Likes

Some people called him the space cowboy, some called him the gangster of love.

2 Likes

More of a Joker for mine.

2 Likes

Who, now, shall dare to speak of the pompatus of love?

4 Likes

Soooo, … who actually died then??

Neil Innes died.

Steve Miller, as far as we know, is still flying like an eagle.

4 Likes

Good.

Speaking of S Miller, did you catch the story from a couple of years ago about this guy pretending to be Steve Miller and getting free stuff all over the US? He got away with it for so long because lots of people knew S Miller was famous but hardly anyone knew what he looked like.

6 Likes

Neil Peart, the drummer and lyricist for Rush, died Tuesday, January 7th, in Santa Monica, California at age 67. The cause was brain cancer, which he had been quietly battling for three years, according to Elliot Mintz, a spokesperson for the Peart family. A representative for the band confirmed the news to Rolling Stone .

1 Like

:frowning:

1 Like

Ahhh…see ya, Neil. You sparked my imagination while I was growing up. I’ll always be thankful.

1 Like

Shattered.

By the way, YYZ is pronounced “too wise”.

RIP

2 Likes

Terrible news. One of my favourite drummers. RIP Neil Peart

1 Like

Sad. Was one of my fav drummers - a drumming titan. R.I.P.

1 Like

This was the first thing I saw on the net when I woke up this morning.

Just shattered…he was an absolute legend.

Now I know I’ll never get to see Rush live. :cry:

1 Like

Awesome ‘technique’ drummer. Watched a doco on Rush recently. He explained was very much a private person and devoted to his family.

Had a nice cameo on one of my fav shows when it was out back in high school, sadly this won’t work for him :frowning: