Celebrity deaths 2021

I saw every game he played. I remember one day at windy hill. We were playing Geelong and Doug Wade was playing quite well when Bluey and Don McKenzie made eye contact, nodded and went for him, hard from opposite sides, simultaneous shirt fronts. What a moment. The ball was up the other end. I don’t recall Doug getting up. Two flags for Bluey. RIP.

2 Likes

That was early 1960’s. Doug Wade got up though, not sure he kicked any more goals.

Bluey, Don and Epis were very tough men. Socially all were champs as well

1 Like

Of Nürburgring and Top Gear fame.

4 Likes

That’s shocking, she was an absolute star.

Her 10 minute lap of the ‘Ring in a Ford Transit van was sensational.

7 Likes

Sensational driver and a very funny lady. Her appearances on Top Gear were some of the highlights of the show, which is saying something given how good it was in general. Will be sadly missed. Far too young.

5 Likes

Factory standard?

Yes,

3 Likes

George Segal who stared in Just Shoot Me and The Goldbergs has passed away due to complications of bypass heart surgery he was 87

R.I.P he was my favourite on The Goldbergs

1 Like

George Segal was quite a big star in the 60s. He was nominated for an oscar for WHOSE AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF. Also made a few big movies of that era including KING RAT and QUILLER MEMORANDUM.

2 Likes

Didn’t George have a famous brother called Jonathan Livingston Segal?

1 Like

Who was an ex-Nazi who’d changed his name from Jonathan Livingston Sieg Heil.

1 Like

The Hot Frogs (from Los Angeles) on a tour of Israel in 1982.

L to R: George Segal, banjo; Mike Silverman, trumpet; Dave Dolson, soprano sax; Dave Weinstein, trombone. Photo courtesy of Dave Dolson.

3 Likes

Apart from King Rat, he also did a great job in A Touch of Class.

3 Likes

RIP Jessica Walter

tenor (1)

3 Likes

Archer will be inconsolable.
Not a fan of AD, loved her as Mallory.

3 Likes

Not sure if it’s possible to replace her, she was Mallory.

She embodied both of those formentioned roles perfectly

1 Like

Yes, I had forgotten A Touch of Class. Glenda Jackson later became an elected Labour MP in the UK.

1 Like
2 Likes

“If I cared about what you did on the weekend I’d put a shotgun in my mouth and pull the trigger with my toes.”

2 Likes