Celebrity deaths 2021

Gerry Marsden .

4 Likes

A couple of my very favourite songs. You’ll Never Walk Alone has certainly has become a special song in so many ways.

7 Likes

Gerry Cross The Jordan?

1 Like

RIP Gerry.

I imagine there will be a quite a few 60’s pop icons who will pass away this year.

And here it is, the great anthem…

13 Likes

It was a song that i would stop what i was doing and listen to everytime it was played on radio back in 1989 after the Hillsborough disaster. I felt so sorry for all involved in that tragedy . To this day , i am reminded of Hillsborough through that song.

RIP Gerry.

7 Likes

I get goosebumps whenever I hear this song.

R.I.P. Gerry

3 Likes

Wasn’t that sung when Liverpool played an exhibition game at the MCG?

1 Like

Yep, was good too.

2 Likes

It’s sung/played EVERY time Liverpool play. :+1:

7 Likes

Going to watch Liverpool live at Anfield is an amazing experience. The singing of YNWA before kickoff truly sent shivers up my spine.

Also the YouTube footage of the MCG rendition is amazing. If for nothing else other than how it left the host almost speechless.

#RIP Gerry

3 Likes

Not sung at that Heysel Liverpool Juventus match at Heysel IIRC and when fans were banned for a period thereafter.

Huh?

Actually might only be their Home games anyway, :thinking: Scotty21 would know.

United fans at Anfield do a great rendition aswell but the words are changed just a bit :joy:

2 Likes

“Always look on the runway for ice, de-doo, de-doo, de-doo, de-doo…”

Most appalling, disgusting chant ever heard in Football.

Any that ever, should be ashamed of themselves. Still makes my blood boil.

1 Like

I was there. Sat in the Liverpool section behind the goals. So surreal.

5 Likes

I’ve been to half a dozen United games at Anfield and reckon I’ve heard it maybe once tops.
It was very popular at Elland Rd however and accompanied by paper planes with flames drawn on them being tossed into the away crowd

I was there too, amazing atmosphere. And then Gerrard scored, which seemed fitting.

Back on topic, Gerry had a knack of producing catchy, soulful ballads with minimalistic music and tempo. Somehow, they actually feel like Merseyside with plaintive and whimsical sadness.

Don’t Let The Sun Catch You Crying is another that induces an emotional tie to the song.

6 Likes

Hard buggers, the Yorkshiremen.