Celebrity Deaths 2023

Maybe not a huge celebrity, but an important one to me.

Didn’t realize he joined the band at such a young age; was still just a teenager, ostensibly to allow Maurice to focus more on vocals and production.

Is it any wonder that band grooved as hard as it did with so many percussionists in it.

4 Likes

(Yeah, we’re guessing a tad on the above timing.)

1 Like

Is it true that Earth, Wind & Fire started out as a punk outfit called called Dirt, Fart & Burn?

Just read that Ken Block died in a snowmobile accident

2 Likes

Bloody hell, I was just watching some of his latest videos.
https://www.speedcafe.com/2023/01/03/ken-block-dies-in-snowmobile-accident/

That’s after Renner almost being killed in one.

3 Likes

An unfamiliar name/band for many but fondly remembered by others for their excellent early 80s albums, Alan Rankine from The Associates had died at the age of 64.

2 Likes

Sanity stores.

Apparently they still had 50 stores!

1 Like

Unlike JB, Sanity did not adjust well to the times.

1 Like

RIP.
Perhaps now he and Billy (MacKenzie) can get an Associates reunion up in the afterlife…

1 Like

They’ve done it again!

2 Likes

Billy was only 39. Suicide, alas.

Sale of a Century quiz king Cary Young.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/tv-quiz-king-cary-young-dies-in-wheelers-hill-aged-83/news-story/753fd13eebec05aff64d1a82bbf855fa?amp

11 Likes

There was one in Warrnambool a week ago…haven’t been in this week to check.

Gone to that great Gift Shop in the sky. As a former SOTC contestant, I dips me lid to his immense knowledge, anticipation, recall of facts and lightning fast buzzer finger.

13 Likes

And the face of the Herald Sun daily quiz for many years. As featured in the lunchbreak of every workplace cafeteria for many years…

4 Likes

Saaaaaaaaaaaaale
Of the cemetery.

4 Likes

There is still one in Traralgon in the plaza, passed it this morning.

1 Like
2 Likes

That is a wonderful article about an incredible human being. Absolutely recommended reading.
The world could do with more news about the marvellous things our scientists and doctors are doing.

6 Likes