Celebrity Deaths 2023

She was gorgeous RIP

10 Likes

A truly beautiful looking woman. RIP

1 Like

Raquel Welch was so old she was around when dinosaurs still existed.

7 Likes

Raquel Welch

Wow, just wow.

What a woman.

RIP

1 Like
1 Like

late to the party, but the laugh is iconic

An exceptional beauty. RIP

5 Likes

Carlos Saura, Spanish filmmaker, gone to join his mate Buñuel

1 Like

Perhaps this post should go in the, “You’re Getting Older” thread, but l remember her arriving on the scene in blaze of PR in pulpy magazines like Australia Post, mostly there were plenty of photos of her in a white bikini, and the caption that she had a figure that Michelangelo would have been happy to sculpt. Never had much of a film career, but was a seriously beautiful woman.

1 Like

Way before my time but yeah what a hottie i assume a lot of men in the 60s and 70s would have had a crush :smile:

1 Like

And she wasn’t a bottle blonde either. A real woman.

1 Like

from the racing industry I was sad to hear Deanne Lester passed away, he was one of the best if not the best tipster going around and had a shocking run with health issues.

Very emotional tributes on RSN this morning for Deano. He was a Saturday morning staple on the radio for many years. RIP.

Sad about this. Was an acquaintance of my dad, and used to visit every now and then. Nice bloke.

1 Like

For us old stundet protester sof the 1960s and 1970s, Harry Van Moorst has left us in the last week or so. Harry was a passionate protester against the Vietnam war early on and then became a champion of fighting against Big Corporations dumping toxic crap near homes. His work getting Kororoit Creek healthier was important (along with others). He will be long remembered by many local MPs as being a massive pain in their rears, and would never let anything go.

4 Likes

Was he Victoria’s answer to Jack Mundey?

1 Like

Raquel, sort of was a bit of a joke actress at the time. Actress, No not that good, but scored a full 10 when it was still permissible to rate the beauty of women.

Harry was the major convenor of the Vietnam Moritorium marches in Melbourne, he is the bloke on the left. On the right is Ken McLeod who organised them in Sydney.

Both went to jail fighting conscription, and both were fearless. Photo of them when arrested on return after a trip to North Vietnam in late 60s

This is Harry in his later life; he never stopped fighting.

He was a great, unassuming type of character, never violent but very determined.

4 Likes

Harry died twelve months ago. I remember him fondly.

1 Like

You’re correct, and don’t know what I was thinking. Saw a memorial to Harry on a page I frequent and forgot he left us last year.