Celery is wondering where the team to play GWS is - it’s here, 2020 round 10

Only 6 players that have played over 100 games in our team tonight, 8 players with less than 50.

One of our major issues is we lack real leadership to steady or inspire us when things go wrong.

3 games in 9 days.

so my question is, at what point is it acceptable to start drinking ?

3 hours ago

5 Likes

March.

5 Likes

Youre telling me you haven’t started yet?! Good on you!

1 Like

Start with a hot beverage that has a BEEF element to it and work your way up.

3 Likes

Think you mean a Bullshot.

Ingredients

1 Like

@Alan_Noonan_10

Its true.

We only ever stand to kick about 5 goals…

Can’t win a game under good normal conditions with that. Cameron might kick that on his own…

With a bucket load of rain tonight will be entertainment for only the most die hard supporters and we might accidently win.

Hello my fellow blitzers. :rofl:

Thankfully we have conceded the least amount of goals to key forwards this season. That might work in our favour, as well as Greene being unavailable for GWS…

I’d be more comfortable with any of those 8 guys providing the leadership than anyone tainted with more than 100 games for us.

Forecast for Gold Coast area:

Forecast for the rest of Friday

Summary

Rain.

Chance of any rain: 95%

Gold Coast area

Cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of rain. Winds northeasterly 15 to 20 km/h becoming light in the evening.

Is it time?

Where can you find Essendon’s record in wet weather in last two years or so? I feel like we lost more than we won but happy to be corrected.

No.

1 Like

Early signs we are going to lose:

• Hurley can’t find an option from the kickouts,and goes 50m to the boundary.
  • Tackles are at a minimum,and/or brushed off easily.
  • We ■■■■ the ball high forward to a small,and most of the forwards are too high or out of position.
  • We dominate the 1st 5 minutes but miss a couple easy goals.
  • We immediately end up on the wrong side of a few dodge umpire calls.

Early signs we can win:

• Gang tackling in the middle.
  • Fast play out of the backline because guys are gut running to make position.
  • Kicking straight early for goal with genuine fist pumping after.
6 Likes

Hold up, isn’t that every single week?

1 Like

100% with this. It’s pretty much what I look for early. The one outlier was the Collingwood game, genuinely thought we’d get belted by 100+ after the first few minutes but somehow managed to right things from that point onwards. The tackling pressure MUST be the KPI we look at. Dogs and Lions it wasn’t there early, no surprise we were heavily beaten.

1 Like

Why do our player give their opponents a heap of space when the are manning the mark? i see no in your face type pressure just busy guarding space.

Yep,same here.
That’s why after the Pies game I thought the ‘system’ or ‘game plan’ was responsible for allowing us to turn that game around.

But you are right- it was intent/effort.

1st 5 minutes will reveal all.

Funny thing is,if we are emulating the Tigers game plan,then maximum effort is a non negotiable.

1 Like