CEO - Xavier "Drive Purposeful Innovation" Campbell — well… bye!

No he didn’t, he threatened to prior to 2008 if they didn’t start performing and then proceeded to threaten his job every contract renewal unless he showed a plan to stay at the top.

Meanwhile we continue to contract guys to have an air of stability when they are grossly underperforming.

2 Likes

All I am trying to indicate is that in a moment of crisis (and I consider today to be a mini one given the context), leadership is essential. When sheet happens all great leaders get on the front foot and express something so that their constituents knows “yeh we know and we will fix it”. Just look over the ditch. I expect X to be very publically vocal on this performance.

1 Like

Errr you’re talking about the guy who came out saying a performance wasn’t good enough, only to then backtrack and apologise to the players.
We have the worst leadership collective (President, CEO, Captain, Coach) in the league.

1 Like

That’s because you’re a thought leader that likes to break boundaries and think outside the cube.

1 Like

Has that cube got a zip?

There’ll be a lot of learnings for the consumer during these difficult periods.

1 Like

Anybody seen Lindsay Tanner lately?

2 Likes

All is well, no need to panic

4 Likes

Jesus.

Fark your E-sports.

Build a farking football team.

25 Likes

Certainly got his priorities right.

1 Like

Back row, in the middle. He’s got horns.

2 Likes

Probably done many great things in his time in the job, but yes the priorities of him and the executive concern me also

What the ■■■■ does he have to do with anything?

Reckon he even talks to the players on a week to week basis?

Club’s got a zillion members, more than enough money for players and coaches, great facilities. He’s actually doing his job.

9 Likes

You appear to have never worked in business. When there is a major issue within an organisation and its operations, and it receives serious negative national publicity as a result, the RACI goes all the way to the CEO.

2 Likes

Regarding the Xavier tweet above. It was sent on the Saturday. Before the GWS debacle.

2 Likes

And?
He could organise a meeting, tell everyone the bleeding obvious, put out a memo. And we’ll suddenyl win by 10 goals next week?

Any organisation where the CEO tries to get involved in the day to day running on the shop floor ends up a mess.
His job is to steady the ship, and stay out of the way until he needs to take the big action ie sacking the coach, footy dept manager or recruiting manager.
That’s it. That’s all he can do. You don’t CEO your way to a flag.

3 Likes

Arguably the only mistake he has made was the seemingly premature re-signing of a coach yet to deliver an ounce of success

2 Likes

You asked ‘What the ■■■■ does he have to do with anything?’

I told you that he is ultimately responsible for the performance of the business and the club… because he is. I answered your question… you insinuated that he is not responsible… that memberships and revenue is all he needs to worry about.

But you are wrong… Xavier has direct lines of responsibility and accountability if the club continues to underperform and receives adverse publicity as a result. Bad press affects memberships, ticket sales and sponsorship. I would argue that record memberships are solely as a result of bl**dy good supporters.

You post ill-informed word salad Henry. ‘You don’t CEO your way to a flag.’ What b*llshit. The buck stops with the CEO and the board… if the management employed and renewed aren’t up to scratch it’s ultimately their fault.

2 Likes

And any CEO that stand by and let’s that kind of crap happen without alleviating concerns is his shareholders will find his share price tank and him out of a job.

The 70,000 isn’t really 70,000 it’s filled with 3 game members, dog memberships and all the cheap low value crap. It’s bullshit number padding. It also hides the real story, what’s our core high value memberships, have they increased much, the ones the real footy fans who go every week buy. If I had to guess, that hasn’t changed since Hird has gone.

The fact is our core business is drastically underperforming and the CEO is nowhere. And when he does speak, he apologising because he may have offended one of our poor emotionally fragile footballers who can work as a team after 3 years of cohesion focused training.

3 Likes

So what is X meant to do after 1 round?