Champion League 2014/15

Didn't watch any of it this morning (I was expecting us to get done by 5 or 6 so it was better than I anticipated!), however looks like there is some controversy around Balotelli (when isn't there?) swapping shirts with a Real Madrid player at half-time. He doesn't re-appear in the 2nd half. I know he had another poor game, so maybe he was getting dragged anyway, but Jesus when you're 3-0 down at home, you don't swap shirts with the opposition! Not making things easy for himself...

Didn't watch any of it this morning (I was expecting us to get done by 5 or 6 so it was better than I anticipated!), however looks like there is some controversy around Balotelli (when isn't there?) swapping shirts with a Real Madrid player at half-time. He doesn't re-appear in the 2nd half. I know he had another poor game, so maybe he was getting dragged anyway, but Jesus when you're 3-0 down at home, you don't swap shirts with the opposition! Not making things easy for himself...

Pretty much this. If you want to swap shirts, do it after the game and its fine. To do it at half time shows a level of disrespect to your teammates and club imo. Your entire focus should be on the job at hand.

Must be a disappointment for the zero people who thought he was anywhere near sane.

Pretty much this. If you want to swap shirts, do it after the game and its fine. To do it at half time shows a level of disrespect to your teammates and club imo. Your entire focus should be on the job at hand.

He obviously knew he was going to be subbed off but even then you are still a player competing against another team, you are still a representative of a club in battle against another team. Disgraceful effort by Ballotelli!

He obviously knew he was going to be subbed off but even then you are still a player competing against another team, you are still a representative of a club in battle against another team. Disgraceful effort by Ballotelli!

The fact that he didn't even sit on the bench after he was subbed off just shows what a child he is. He has stunk it up since joining them, surely he would be doing everything he could to gain his teammates respect.

Just saw that Ronaldo got clapped off by the Anfield crowd when subbed. He's so ■■■■■■ good his United past seemed to not matter. What is it, 21 goals from 14 games in all comps this season?

Just saw that Ronaldo got clapped off by the Anfield crowd when subbed. He's so ■■■■■■ good his United past seemed to not matter. What is it, 21 goals from 14 games in all comps this season?

Copped a few boos aswell, 1 more goal to tie Raul's CL record.

Cant believe anyone expected anything else from that petulant brat Balotelli. Said right from the start his negatives far outweigh his positives, he will destroy all the hard work and team morale that Rogers has installed

Copped a few boos aswell, 1 more goal to tie Raul's CL record.

I heard more boos than claps.

Cant believe anyone expected anything else from that petulant brat Balotelli. Said right from the start his negatives far outweigh his positives, he will destroy all the hard work and team morale that Rogers has installed

The fact BR choose to play the second half without a striker tends to suggest he agrees n the damage Mario may be causing.
I'm unsure why Lambert wasn't brought on.

CR7's goal was good. All class

James' pass was sublime too.

Hamez' pass was sublime too.

lol

B0uEdCHCYAAxQDR.jpg

B0uEdCHCYAAxQDR.jpg

Hot pleeces!

Madrid win 1-0, pretty ordinary game.

Juve have come from 2-1 down and win 3-2

Anderlecht come from 3-0 down to draw 3-3 at Arsenal

Surprised with the side selected that we didn't get done 5 or 6-nil, but they were pretty decent defensively without creating too many chances. Obviously BR had an eye on the League fixture against the Bus Company this weekend, but I would've expected one of Coutinho, Henderson, Gerrard and Sterling to have at least started. 

Poor Arsenal.

Also Smooth.. 26 goals scored by Chelsea in 10 league games... 10 conceeded. Equal best GD in the league (level with Southampton, the have conceeded less and scored less)

I reckon 2.6 average when you've played City, Arsenal and United is pretty good. Ease off the Bus comments :p

Real Madrid = Newcastle

G

Surprised with the side selected that we didn’t get done 5 or 6-nil, but they were pretty decent defensively without creating too many chances. Obviously BR had an eye on the League fixture against the Bus Company this weekend, but I would’ve expected one of Coutinho, Henderson, Gerrard and Sterling to have at least started.

Haven’t seen the game either other than a couple of minutes while smashing down breakfast. I have read some reports saying it was our best defensive game during BR’s tenure. Toure named as our best which makes it interesting for the weekend considering Loveren was left out completely. Also reads as though Migolet remembered that his job is a goalkeeper in a return to form.

Regarding the midfield selections, whilst interesting I hope it gives the players extra motivation to prove the boss wrong. A lack of goals is certainly an issue. Unfortuatey no SAS = no goals.