Champions League 2020/21

Fkn brilliant game United. Fantastic set up from Ole. Had a plan, stuck to it like total pros, defended better than I’ve seen for years, were all over them when fwd, had mutiple real chances, and got the well deserved Win.

That was a joy to watch. clap2

Another nail in the Mbappe contract renewal one would hope. Allowing my Real Madrid to pounce!

Mbappe played ok, … just a star return showing from Tuanzebe, and a fully switched on De Gea were equal to him.

Axel was just fantastic shutting him down. Hope he continues in that vein post the first game back adrenalin.

B, G & H look a bit group of deathy to me. United have a real chance of progressing by beating PSG this morning.

That we do. Ours is definitely a GOD, and that win was a great start.

Real Madrid lose 3-2 to Shakhtar at home

3 Likes

Reds up 1-0 away at Ajax. No Alisson, no VVD and no Matip (that guy is always injured), Fabinho playing at CB and has been really good so far. Would be a big confidence boost if we can hold on and keep the clean sheet…

Klopp has gone a triple sub:

OFF: Mane, Salah, Firmino
ON: Jota, Minamino, Shaqiri

With half an hour still left. WOW!

Absolute debacle. They were down 0-3 at half time. Clasico this Saturday. Fun!

I thought Atletico were Spain’s best chance of winning in the UCL. Bayern have made them look like a joke. Wow.

1 Like

Reds win 1-0. Had a couple of changes to get a 2nd late but win and clean sheet is welcome after we’ve been pretty generous at the back so far this season. Fab MOTM as a makeshift CB. I’d be seriously tempted to keep him there and reshape the midfield 3. Probably Gini as the DM with Hendo and Thiago a little more advanced.

1 Like

Mane’s hammy serious?
Seemed to be talk that he hasn’t pulled up well at all

Bayern Munich are ridiculously good, their attack is awe-inspiring!

Klopp said it was a knock and it was precautionary. Not sure if he’s being truthful or it’s a “Windy Hill knock” that ends up being a 5 week hammy!

1 Like

Thats a fair call. Fab at CB is ok (motm today mind you) but it still concerned me that we didn’t get depth at CB in the window.

1 Like

Same. Matip and Gomez are injury prone as is, and you can’t rely on them being fit for an extended period of time. VVD has been ever present since he signed and never missed games, and now he’s out for the season pretty much. I’d definitely look at getting some in in January. It’s why I was slightly surprised we signed Tsimikas. We did need cover at LB, but initially the rumours were we would be looking at a versatile defender that could play in the middle and at LB. that would’ve been a better fit, but Kostas looks a decent player and a great back-up to Robbo…

1 Like

Mustafi is still available.

Just sayin’

1 Like

I thought we were average for most of the night, but Coman’s second goal was unreal.

Is Papa too? Or did he go to Germany or italy?

His whole situation has been handled poorly. He had options to go back to Italy but for some reason it fell through. And since then he was cut from both the EPL squad and the Europa League squads along with Ozil and it won’t be reviewed until mid season in January.

I would have just sold him and chambers just to get their wages off the books.

I’m disappointing in the handling of Saliba so far also. Something strange going on there.

On the plus side Gabriel has probably been our best player so far.

A dire first half, and yet another injury to a central defender (Fabinho), but Liverpool take the lead 1-0 against FC Midtjylland. Diogo Jota makes it 2 in 2 after a well worked move with Shaq and Trent. Klopp sticking with the 4-2-3-1 formation but started Origi, Shaq and Minamino in place of Salah, Mane and Firmino.

1 Like