Changes for 2020

Hurley? Hooker? Heppell? Lol okay mate time to log off.

2 Likes

I think we need another hard-nut like Devon Smith, maybe even two for cover. Back line is ok I reckon. Bellchambers may have played his last game for us - sadly his fitness has always been an issue. Goes without saying that a fit Danniher would vastly improve our variety in attack.

Bottom line? Winning a premiership requires either a great run with injuries or more squad-depth than we currently haveā€¦although we have got some valuable game time into some youngsters this year. Gleeson has a massive upside too and Parish could become elite next year. Beyond that, itā€™s anyoneā€™s guess.

Succession plan. Stick them under Ross for 2 or 3 seasons.

theyre cooked. the clubs cooked. Its the titanic man, its all going down.

Legitimately read 2020 in the other thread and thought we were talking a few years down the track. This club has been frked for so long that I canā€™t even process what year it is, theyā€™re all the same

5 Likes

Mark Harvey probably would not be cool with this.

Has merit though

Hooker has been poor since they bye. Heā€™s 31 soon, the end is coming quick.

1 Like

If zClarke gets AFL games. TBC is far from done. He has missed heaps of footy.

Might get less gametime I guess if we find some ruck competition in Draper or someone else.

1. A game plan that involves players leading towards the ball.
  2. Get the fitness department right
  3. Trade a couple of players out for decent draft picks; draft a few 18 year old kids in the second round; and a few 21 year olds who have proved themselves further down the draft.
  4. Succession plan, with Caracella/Rutten to take over after the bye.
1 Like

Thinks thatā€™s a little rough especially on Hurls and Hep.

Donā€™t think the club is cooked, we just lost a (another) final emotions are high I get it, but our list is underperforming no doubt, but I donā€™t think we need to gut the listā€¦ something has to happen but I donā€™t know what that isā€¦

7 Likes

We need to target hard nuts. Jason and Mark Johnson, Solly, Dimma and co never took a backwards step. These days itā€™s hard to fear any Bombers player at all.

16 Likes

Clean it right out oh well if if takes 5 years to win a flag be it .This list will not take us anywhere

The game has completely changed since those players were running around. We lack players with skill, thatā€™s our first priority.

Iā€™ve always had a lot of time for Belly and he has missed a lot of games this year, which certainly doesnā€™t help ā€¦ but I just think he runs out of steam even when fit, which isnā€™t surprising for someone his size and age. Maybe he can help to get some games and experience into Sam Draper.

Currently the only club worse than us over the past 8 or so years.

Brisbane bottomed out to get good picks / trade tradeable picks.

We sat middle of the pack, with less valuable picks (not even factoring in the picks we lost)

1 low first round pick, and a 2nd rounder would have got the shiel trade done.

Problem was me mounted ourselves in the middle of the pack.

Yes maybe Iā€™m reminiscing, but Iā€™m just tired of being rag dolled. We just seem to lack the balls to take it up to the big boys

3 Likes

We gave it a good crack boys, just unlucky that we came up against a team that is better in every single possible way imaginable.

6 Likes

Yep, before the game Stinger interview presumably done through the week, Brad Johnston sitting down with Stinger showing him his own highlights reel and asking him to talk his way through it. Sheedy would of never allowed that. Puff his head out leading in to a game??? And the coaching staff are ok with that??? All the puff pieces through the pre season and through the year, are all BS. --Collingwood suffers the same ā– ā– ā– ā– , they cant win the big games - to many back slappers. Players believing their own publicity. Pfft. All I can say is stop back slapping these pretenders as they might have all the talent, but they will will come and go like the last 15 years of couldofbeens. The only time these guys harden up, is when they look at each other in the showers.

4 Likes

Yeah not really. They traded in for Neale who is was & always will be so much more what we needed than Shiel & they got gifted Lyon who again would waltz backwards into our midfield. Cameronā€™s their most dangerous forward (traded in), Martin is a gun ruckman (traded in), Hodge has been solid on field & obviously makes them a lot tougher plus Robinson has been in career best form. Add a few role players like McCarthy, Adams, Walker & Christensen & they have traded pretty heavily. They had a good haul in the 2016 draft (McCluggage, Berry & Witherden ) but their 2017 crop havenā€™t really hit great heights yet, theyā€™ve already lost Schache from 2015.

4 Likes