Changes for ANZAC Day vs Pies

Don’t necessarily agree with it but I can’t see more than 2 changes. Would personally pick Francis and Stewart purely for their ability to actually be forward targets. Hooker clearly looks like a defender attempting to play as a forward. Stewart is a pure KF who although may not set the game on fire, should produce some strong multiple efforts. Francis can bring in a bit of x-factor up forward. Not sure who to bring out TBH. Incredibly important game. Not just for the occasion, but to show us where we are really placed in the comp.

1 Like

Cant see us winning this no matter who we bring in they will smash us on inside and then blokes like Fasolo,Elliot,Sidebottom will kick goals.

1 Like

We are a good thing this Anzac day. No changes. The penny dropped at half time.

Only change I’d make would be forced. Francis for Mckenna.

2 Likes

no fkg way. that first half is inexusable. the penny didn’t drop adelaide took the foot off the pedal and only a few of them maintained their intensity and we still got outdone.

1 Like

The penny dropped?
They only had 3 on the bench and took the foot off the gas

Several changes for mine.

Bring Francis the ■■■■ in. We are way off it and need to get games into him. Don’t care if he only has 15 mins of effort per quarter to give. His development is a priority. If one of the 30+ year olds have to miss to make way for him then so be it.

2 Likes

Yep

Almost at that stage where we need to start playing the kids bring in Francis,Laverde,Mutch etc.

Don’t think it’s anywhere near as bad as the Chicken Littles do. Think we should have rested the older returning blokes last week for the rain game, and freshened them up for this week. I don’t think people realise how much proper matches take out of an older guy when he’s had 12 months out of the game.

Also think a team with more youth, Captained by zack might have risen to the occasion last week while the returned had a rest & won it.

Still probably would not have beaten the Crows tonight, but it would have been a better showing. Think we may not have started so slow & let them get a jump on us and their tails up.

4 Likes

Blanket defender

Would definitely make 3 changes at this stage

Out

Stanton
Baguley
Langford

In

Francis
McNiece
Mutch

If I see that tip rat Sidebottom and/or Fasolo taking liberties in the goal square, I’ll riot.

4 Likes

A clereance player with pace,
A clearance player with pace,
My kingdom for a clearance player with pace.

4 Likes

McKenna probably get suspended.

Show me a post where someone said we should drop Green.

Anyway
Out: langford,
In: Stewart,

I don’t see why Hurley should play next week. Near on the worst game I’ve seen from him

1 Like

Out: Leuenberger, Brown, Baguley, Langford, Stanton, McKenna (susp)
In: Bellchambers, Hartley, Dea, Stewart, Bird, Gleeson

In: FOOTball
Out: handball

2 Likes

Um, we gust lost to the flag favourites in Adelaide by a similar margin to what GWS lost to them. Maybe a bit of overreaction.

9 Likes

Out stanton, Zakka. Gotta make a statement

1 Like

I don’t get the Stanton hate (other than he is a usual Blitz whipping boy). His role is providing a link for the transition from defence into attack and he gut runs to provide an option for the switch. He will drag a defender out of the corridor which helps open the field up a bit. Does a lot more than a lot of the other midfielders and flankers who just plod along.

In saying that, don’t see the VFL so unsure who is playing well but based on AFL form, Gleeson looks a better option than Connor. Hartley in for Brown.

Need to consider Hooker going back. He offers very little up forward. From he gams I’ve seen he will not lead out, just stands being his player (usually 60m from the ball) with his hand in the air.

1 Like