Changes for crows - speculation

Mark my words next week will be close all game, we will kick out to a 25-30 point win and everyone will be talking about how we have a good record.

Then we’ll get flogged by 50 points again to a good team and our percentage will stay around 100.

1 Like

Do we have the shortest midfield in the comp, genuine question?

1 Like

I’ll rethink this Monday because I reckon the round 9-12 fixture will determine some changes, but immediate thoughts are Cutler for Hibberd, and Francis in for I’m not sure who yet.

Bellcho for Phillips feels obvious but if it’s a short turnaround to Rd 9 then you are pretty much guaranteeing he’ll be straight back out, so worth seeing who our Rd 9 opponent before thinking about that.

what is the actual fkn point of dropping guys like Redman, Phillips and Townsend for equivalent plodders like Gleeson, Clarke and belly?

I’d swap cutler for hibberd (no brainer)

and I’d be cautious to make many more changes. it was a off night. we are far better than what we produced tonight. sh*t nights happen, the majority of this team beat Collingwood and played completely different.

it was a effort thing tonight. we are 4-2, let’s not go crazy

10 Likes

I like him but he’s a very limited player and not adding anything at the moment.

1 Like

Adelaide game is do or die for us and I mean it.

Easiest draw to start the year and if we go 4-3…

This is a good point and we already carry enough jobbers. We ought to bring in someone we know can make it at the top level and shift hooker forward. Zerk in instead.

Unlike the dogs the crows can’t go with us on the outside so we should torch them on the spread as usual.

3 Likes

Out - Townsend
In - Nigel lockyer

If only

3 Likes

like your idea

Structurally we need height up forward.
And we need raz back forward kicking goals being dangerous.

In: Draper, Mosquito, Bellchambers, Stewart, Francis
Out: Phillips Snelling, Hibberd, Townsend, McKernan (all managed) these workhorses need a rest to freshen up.

B: Saad Hooker Hurley
Hb: Redman Ridley McKenna
C: Ham Parish Merrett
Hf: Tippa Stewart Fantasia
F: Mosquito Laverde Bellchambers
R: Draper McGrath Langford
Int: Cahill, Zaharakis, Francis,Smith

Francis in gives us greater flexibility for Hooker to swing forward.

4 Likes

They insist on playing him as the marking target. He is a terrible one on one player. He does his best work when he is on the move below the feet of taller players.

You’ve lost the plot. Draper is not playing after 2 practice matches off an ACL?!?!

1 Like

Gleeson isn’t a plodder. I think we missed his judgement tonight and too much of the dropping off was left to Ridley who they tried to draw up the ground a bit

7 Likes

Been 18 months since he’s done it

Was a bit arrogant to bring in Cahill when we were missing some senior bodies.
We need some solid senior players in, especially with the loss of form of Smith & Merrett.
We need another tall so Stewart, if ready to play, forward, or Francis in with Hooker Forward.
Put McKenna through a proper fitness test, he was very hesitant with his hand.
If he passes then Townsend goes out for Gleeson. Raz can play forward.
Sure there plenty of others who could miss, but we’re low on quality numbers at moment.

IN: Stewart (Francis), Guelfi, Gleeson.
OUT: Cahill, Hibberd, Townsend (McKenna).

4 Likes

hasn’t he played 2 praccy matches :grimacing:

Yeah I realised sorry. Still reckon he’d be a fair way off it.

yeh your right but was just thinking home crowd debut, and share ruck duties would help as well.

No changes for mine.

We had a down week.

1 Like

Unless we bring workrate and effort against the crows, it won’t matter who we put in or take out.

2 Likes

Agree.
Cutler has to come in but we badly need someone who can lead down the wings and through the centre for a mark. Our mids are too short for the defenders to confidently go to them from inside 50. Stewart is the only one who can do it ATM. Even if he just brings the ball to ground (and it will happen more often than not), it will allow our mids (who would be still running through the ground) to at least get to the contest.
Right now the opposing ruckman sits 50m away on the wing or the opposing mids are too tall for us to go through directly. Thats why Joe is so important to us.

1 Like