Changes for Essendon V. Freo

Freo are so average.

Pretty confident that we beat them.

Stringer out and Waterman in if fit. Thats it unless a youngster is tired. Sense Cox is heading that way.

3 Likes

Reckon he was a bit limp, lost a bit of his hardness

6 Likes

In hindsight, would have preferred to rest him against GWS rather than Freo.

2 Likes

TABS

Has played more against us than any other team he has faced. Averages less than 2 goals a game against us.

1 Like

B: Redman, Zerk-Thatcher, Hind
HB: Ridley, Francis, Laverde
C: Langford, Parish, Cox
HF: Perkins, Wright, Smith
F: McDonald-Tipungwuti, Hooker, Snelling
R: Phillips, Merrett, McGrath
INT: Jones, Guelfi, Heppell, Ham
IN: Zerk-Thatcher, Guelfi
OUT: Stringer (inj), Stewart (omit)

I’d like to make more changes but the cupboard is pretty much bare. Otherwise you’re looking at bringing Zaharakis in and unless you decide to rest a youngster I don’t see the point in playing him. They might look at giving Cox a rest, he looks like he might need a week off. I don’t think Stewart is the answer down back. Zerk is clearly not rated all that highly if a bloke who isn’t even a natural back is brought straight in at his expense. But given where we are at I’d rather get another 10 or so games into Zerk and find out if he’s the answer moving forward. When he’s played he’s not been awful. Solid and done a job Anzac Day, and promptly gets omitted.

I think there is zero chance of Stewart being dropped

6 Likes

Perhaps protecting that shoulder injury, RSI?

Woosh!

2 Likes

Neither is this

That can is harder than Ham.

(Harsh, I like Ham… and Devon for that matter).

1 Like

Yes, Cox might have a big tank but he has been looking very gassed quite regularly lately. The interval running/change direction/take or deliver a hit type running is harder than straight running for all players - and probably hardest at his shape…

1 Like

Article from the HS. If we rest Cox, who comes in?

2 Likes

Zaka

Cutler!!!

We’ve never had big stuzza on him

does he need a rest (maybe his high hit didn’t help)
but bar 2 games 15 or lower has been the average for cox.

seems about right for a kid in his first year, and 5 tackles

I think we played one extra tall last week and looked slow forward and defence I would balance up with the following.

Ins Zaharakis Guelfi
Outs Stringer Stewart

Here is the job that the skipper could do for team and that is take the Mundy match up and shut him out. Our midfield would have some balance in centre and would allow Merrett to go one on one and Parish to do his work against Neal Mark 2. if we wanted a more attacking centre square option start him off the back of square with Mcgrath/Guelfi/Redman swapping from wing to his position.

3 Likes

In the same spirit as the Taberner myth busting, Mundy has his career lowest disposal average against Essendon.
Goes at 0.5 goals a game vs us.
One of his lowest tackle counts.

I wish people would remember “always” is not a synonym for “once”.

On the other hand I am waiting for the same posters to start worrying about Gary Ablett Snr before we play Geelong.
After all, he always kicks a bag against us.

8 Likes