Changes for Essendon V. Freo

Always kicks 14…

1 Like

Out: Gutsy performance but a close loss.
In: Classy thrashing of a poo Western Australian team.

3 Likes

I thought Freo were going straight from Brisbane to Melbourne?

“Only 11 disposals after 14 the week before.”Wow less. What a stupid stat to high light.

1 Like

Tbh I’d rest him this week. Freo always seem to take out one of our players.

1 Like

geez guelfi came on and added some
spark.

he’s at least sub again next week.

maybe resting the kids would be good this week, have them fresh against North.

IN:Zaharakis,
Out: Stringer(hammy) -Langford to HFF - Zaka to wing

If Cox and Jones rested then Waterman and Bryan in

1 Like

Good question Suspended.
Wright? Interchange rotating with tall forwards Hooker, Bryan and Jones.

I’m sure Cox will be monitored at training.
I don’t know whether the game load is causing fatigue or not, but I’ll tell you what will cause fatigue.
Arriving at the Hangar at 7am, flying to Sydney (when you’re over two metres tall), arriving in a warmer climate, and seven hours later running up and down the wing all day against the Giants, for a team where the ball pings back and forth between ends like table tennis.

17 Likes

When was the last time he actually played a full game? It’s been a few weeks. Surely needs a full game in the 2s first.

2 Likes

OUT: Ham, Stringer, Stewart

IN: Guelfi, Waterman, BZT

SUB: Cahill or Zaka (this is going to be his role this year)

Pretty straight forward to me.

• Ham was very disappointing, need to go (effort) a number of times and didn’t that resulted in goals to GWS. Guelfi straight swap

• Waterman in for Stringer

• Stewart needs confidence massively, looked so scared when the ball was in his area. BZT in until someone else is destroying the 2’s

If all Stewart needs is confidence I wouldn’t drop him. If he needs to work on specific aspects of his game then drop him.

2 Likes

I think for Bryan to come in we have to leave one out, we are too tall forward of centre with a couple of them being lumberers

I don’t think Zaka in is a good idea.
He has been notoriously bad coming back from injury etc over his career, always taking a few weeks to get going.
His effort a couple of weeks ago was nothing like what Guelfi showed and alarmingly less inspiring than Cutlers efforts.
I’m fine with him being the sub, but to be a named best 22 player he needs a game or two in the VFL first.

1 Like

Zaharakis in a wheel chair offers more than Ham.

1 Like

Ham needs to stay in. He’s easily our most prolific high-fiver.

Any time someone does well, kicks a goal or even stuffs up, you know Hammy"s right there ready to give them a congrats or some encouragement. Don’t think we have anyone else who can play that role as well as him.

14 Likes

Hooker dreams of the days when he was a lumberer, these days he is more like lumber, as in moves as fast as a tree, almost, allegedly.

Hey gang just looking for some advice as I’ve never actually used my membership to get into a game.
I’m a 2021 adult flexi national member “access to 4 home & away games in Melb” and was looking at flying over this weekend with the misso (non member) to watch the game vs freo and was wondering what my ticketing options were to sit together. Would it be easier to just buy two tickets without entering my membership and from people’s experiences would people expect decent tickets to still be available when they’re on sale to the public (don’t mind paying a bit more for good seats)?
Cheeeeeers.

Enter your barcode when tix are available to non-members and you only pay for the missus on level 3 apart from front few rows or you get a credit for your membership ticket towards upgraded for both of you if you choose that instead.

3 Likes

We’re in business if this gif comes true. The game is on Sunday and Taberner will be there on Saturday.

1 Like

According to the club’s email about ticketing, if you want 2 tickets together, only one of whom is a member, you book through Ticketmaster (not Ticketek) when the public allocation is on sale. You still get your ticket free as a member by quoting your membership 12 digit barcode but pay for the second one. Seats on the top level should still be available, so a little high, but otherwise ok. The flexi member allocation only gets top level seats also, but the ones nearest the front probably will be gone by the time the public allocation is on sale.

1 Like