Changes for Essendon V. Freo

True, although it’s fairly unlikely for a sub to be activated that early in the game - I guess that’s why I highlighted it as being a bit of a gamble.

IF it pays off though (ie you don’t need to use the sub at all, or they’re only needed for a quarter or so) it still serves as a freshen up for Cox/Perkins, whilst also allowing those on the fringe like Zaharakis to maintain match fitness via the VFL and actually push for selection.

I’m not saying it’s something I think we should absolutely be doing but it’s certainly an option worth considering IMO.

1 Like

Its an option but probably more so if they are on the fringe/not contributing and likely to be cut/need to freshen up. Cox and Perkins are still contributing enough.

I’d give Ham the chop and then put him in the sub role, as he can add some fresh legs late in the game.

Cox must be close to needing a rest, but we are also close to the mid season break.

In Dustin Martins debut season, he only missed 1 game.
He has played 20 or more games in every season. amazing stat.

1 Like

Loving all the new and inexperienced rookies playing AFL this year.

You can’t have everything but I really do wish we could have got 18+ games out of Draper Mozzie & Caldwell and another 12+ from Reid.

Not much we can do but I do hope we give Bryan more opportunity if he is performing like he did on debut. No better opportunity.

1 Like

Please no Ambrose or zacka.

We are trying to move forward as a club not backwards.

Ambrose as a forward has looked bang average in the vfl.

2 Likes

Not once this year have I been ■■■■■■ off about the team selection. Not seeing any tired veterans or cloggers is such a nice change

4 Likes

Ambrose would make a decent medical sub.

2 Likes

Scooter just tweeted this.

This is pretty fantastic. You’d hope if we bring this pressure against Freo, we’d win

24 Likes

What does it mean by overall tackle differential? We’ve had 541 for and 422 against

Come on now. That’s easily worked out.

It’s times like these you need Big Shaq for some quick mafffss

119 / 8 = 14.875 > on average +15 on opponents

3 Likes

Interestingly we were only +1 vs the Giants and +7 vs the Blues after being +THIRTY vs the Pies.

Not sure those ANZAC day numbers are sustainable- but if it’s a core feature of our gameplan then what we served up vs GWS was unacceptable.

Luke Ryan won’t be back this week, thank fk

2 Likes

BLUE COLLAR

Were we off a short break?

I’d say the Anzac Day into Blues game maybe might have taken it out of them and the short break (and travel) may have had them bit more fatigued. In saying that didn’t give up all game.

1 Like

its weird we’re leading tackles but coughing up the second most points

1 Like

It means we’re second to the ball.

6 Likes

LLWLLWLL…

6 Likes

I think we are turning it over in the opposition sweet spot to score against us.

1 Like

I guess we tackle because we don’t have the ball? And when we do get it, we butcher it so we have to work hard to get it back. And that takes it out of us.

Work hard to get it back by all means but take care of it when we have it!

Forward 50 pressure the weakest part of our game if we don’t mark or goal it’s straight out

Also defending the kick out has been poor

1 Like

We are so gonna win. Pumped.

This fortnight will be the best for the club.

Beating up on freo and norf. Bunch of spuds