Changes for Fremantle

Cox must play VFL
He needs to get some confidence back otherwise his development will not progress

10 Likes

Two slices of bread typically cover Ham.

*first post obviously lacked sufficient sarcastia font. And while I always liked Colyer’s effort going to Freo hasn’t magically improved his ability to pick up a ground ball.

3 Likes

Baldwin, Cox, Jones possible returns this week in VFL
Hurley must be getting close, interesting Caracella mentioned him as a best 22 player missing along with Stringer, Merrett, Langford, and now Snelling etc.

1 Like

I don’t think anyone tried to counter the argument that Colyer fumbles.

Just that they’d take Colyer in that contest everytime.

3 Likes

Concussion

How far away is Jones and Walla?

Is our best forward line

Wright, Jones,Martin,Perkins,Walla,Stringer?

2 Likes

Martin on a wing. Phillips at the moment and Snelling too.

1 Like

Martin plays the wing.

Snelling would be the other pressure forward. Really hoping Hobbs gets his chance to play the snelling role. forward and push up top contest.

3 Likes

If Ridley misses next week, we’ll have 6 of last year’s top 10 missing. Plus two (Hind and Heppell who have been desperately out of form until this week).

1) Zach Merrett (420 votes)

1. Darcy Parish (339)

3) Will Snelling (315)

4) Jordan Ridley (309)

5) Jake Stringer (286)

1. Jayden Laverde (278)

7) Kyle Langford (253)

1. Nick Hind (223)

2. Dyson Heppell (218)

10) Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti (214)

1 Like

Ridley is fine he will play.

21 Likes

The problem is we don’t have any control over what time of the game an injury happens. In the Geelong game we lost Langford in the opening minutes, and our sub had to play pretty much a full game.

I think Francis is a good sub, purely because he can play at either end of the ground. If we lose a tall down back or up forward Francis can slot straight in without messing up our structures too much. Smith can’t do that.

1 Like

Rutten want’s everyone focussed on Ham so that no one realizes that we have no game plan.

2 Likes

OUT: Snelling, Ham
IN: Cutler, Hobbs

FB: Kelly - BZT - Ridley
CHB: Heppell - Laverde - Hind
C: Durham - Caldwell - Martin
CHF: Shiel - Perkins - Guelfi
FF: Waterman - Wright - Wanganeen

R: Draper - Parish - McGrath

INT: Cutler, Redman, Hobbs, Phillips
SUB: Smith

Debut Hobbs. Seriously, anything is an upgrade on Ham at this point

2 Likes

Sure, but in my opinion Smith is capable of playing a full game though not every week.

I don’t like the sub being a place for players who never quite established themselves, but rather a place for extending the careers of players who did.

Francis, at his age, needs to either be best 22 or move on.

2 Likes

If Ham plays again, we arent taking this competition seriously.
Get Hobbs in.

5 Likes

Would like to see Hobbs get a game but don’t think it’ll be at the expense of Ham’s position. Snelling was set to be involved in mid rotations so I think it’ll be for him.

Freo have a pretty strong onball division so time is right with multiple mids missing for a Hobbs debut.

Smith should replace Ham’s role however in the 22 and just stays in side

Minimal changes this week IMO

OUT: Snelling (inj), Ham
IN: Hobbs

Cutler to sub.

Cox to play VFL after a few weeks off.

Stringer (hopefully), Cox, Walla & maybe Jones in the mix for Anzac Day

Agree with Walla, Stringer and Cox in the mix for ANZAC Day. Still think Jones won’t be available before Round 7 against the Dogs at the earliest. Even Round 8.

1 Like

Yeah he might only get a half this week in 2’s so will likely need a bit more VFL.

Running 2 rucks against Grundy prob preferred anyway.

1 Like

Is it worth Voss getting a debut? He’s kicking goals and usually in the better VFL players. We aren’t winning premierships, so would like Voss and Hobbs to get a look in sooner rather than later.

12 Likes

Agreed we should probably fast track Voss in for a look, although I am not sure this week is the week and I don’t mind him playing a month more in the 2s to work out exactly where we see him, he may genuinely be a BBM prospect. It seems like they’re going to trial him all over a bit.

1 Like