Changes for Melbourne - discussion and speculation

Winning team - I’d give most others a second chance rather than significant changes…

Francis nearly cost us the game with a serious run of undisciplined play, had a few dropped marks (under considerable pressure), but other than that he looked good - for a guy that looks like he needs consistency and confidence, definitely wouldn’t be dropping him.

That said if Ambrose, McKenna and Fantasia are all ready to come in, I would find it hard to say no.

Guelfi, Townsend, Cutler, Snelling definitely the four most at risk.

I get the feeling they are pretty happy to go light on the ruck, so doubt we’ll have TBC and Phillips, and I’d similarly give TBC another chance.

Was cannoned into by Smith then into Kennedy .

I’d consider two rucks against gawn

2 Likes

May and Lever were apparently alright against Carlton.

What do we do there? If we roll with the same forwards and play keep kicking it in long and high those two will eat us for breakfast.

Do we need to bring in Stewart, or do we trust ourselves to not bomb it in?

Ps I know we can’t trust to ourselves to not bomb it in.

1 Like

Because they’ll prefer Ambrose and they love dropping Francis.

I hope I’m wrong.

1 Like

When was Francis last dropped? I reckon he’s been played fairly consistently since he came in for that late season game against Sydney in 2018.

Lel
Cool story bro. Kid had the 3rd most pressure acts on the ground.
If Fantasia is fit he comes in but it sure as ■■■■■■■ ■■■■ isn’t for Snelling.

3 Likes

Going by the emergencies as the guys on the fringe. I would switch Zaka for Ham.

Assumes Fantasia doesn’t get up.

Phillips gets a look in as already mentioned, TBC needs a hand against Gawn who is a match winner.

2 Likes

he had a poor game man. im not sure how you, or anyone could see it any other way. I’m a snelling fan too, fwiw. it’s realistic that he may be dropped

1 Like

Doubt we’ll see more than 2-3 changes and think Ambrose in for Francis might one of them. But hope I’m wrong.

I’d rather see this…

Phillips for TBC - Gawn will obviously be a handful for either of them, but Phillips has a better chance of keeping up with him. Possible upgrade.

McKenna for Zaka - Zaka was really poor and a fit Irishman is a top 10 player at the club. Upgrade.

Fantasia for Snelling - I quite like Snelling and don’t necessarily want him dropped, but Raz is a better player. Upgrade.

Ambrose for Guelfi - Not like for like, but a fit Ambrose picks himself. Not sure where Guelf disappeared to in the second half. Upgrade.

Ham for Cutler. Didn’t like Cutler’s game. Offered nothing defensively and hate to use the term soft, but he certainly wasn’t putting himself in harms way. Reports on Ham’s progress have been pretty encouraging. Possible upgrade.

Lav for Townsend - Like for like change. Big Kennedy tackle aside, Towner was rarely sighted all day. Lav is also capable of having that kind of game, but he’s quicker and a better athlete to Towner. Possible upgrade.

2 Likes

In: Ambrose, McKenna
Out: Francis, Guelfi

Nah they would have well settled into domestic boredom by now.

Ms Valance prob gives him ■■■■ and nags him to cook her a meal when he arrived exhausted tonight from Sydney.

Meanwhile shes had a tough day shopping with the girls.

(prob not be true… lets just go with it… If you havent had a rship like this count yourself lucky).

1 Like

He also had equal 2nd most tackles for us.

He played the archetypal Richmond small pressure forward role. Didn’t get a lot of footy but did everything else he would’ve been asked to. He is not getting dropped on that performance. Especially not given how poor Zaharakis was.

5 Likes

snelling set up a goal early with NUGG powers and did a game saving last minute tackle

Hard to criticize any forward when the delivery was over their heads or directly to their opponents advantage

I see we persist with the Davey CHF type, that’s a second great player’s knees we’re about to ruin kicking it over or on his head.

Who plays on Petracca? He’s in career best form and I reckon if we stop him having an impact we should win

1 Like

Carry-over brownie points from rd 1.

1 Like

He’s a worry, one of the best players in the league atm on form

If he gets a worry let him go head to head with STRINGAR.

Melbourne are woefully bad skillwise outside of him, Hibberd and tomlinson we’ll cruise over them.

Hibberd was dropped right?

2 Likes

Stringer?

Family reasons potentially from the circumstances last month.

1 Like