Changes for Melbourne - discussion and speculation

In defence of Zaharakis’ position, he is typically good to excellent against Melbourne, albeit as a midfielder rather than a forward. If Fantasia’s ready to go, he could play Zaharakis’s current role with at least the same impact.

Vying with Zaharakis for worst on was Guelfi, who should clearly be replaced by one of Ambrose, McKenna or Gleeson. Aside from a competitive first quarter today, Guelfi had almost zero impact on the game, including zero touches or tackles in the final quarter (was he even on the field?).

For mine, Snelling and Townsend keep their spot for their 4 tackles each and general competitiveness.

On the rewatch, I’m not completely sure Cutler is safe. They dropped him back a bit, bit of wing, and he wasn’t too great in either.
He’s also a more natural swap, if you want Ham in.

I reckon TBC was OK, personally.

4 Likes

Please make it omitted. He was woeful after starting strong.

TBC gets home to Ms Valance in lingerie and doesn’t put too much thought into Gawn, any of us ■■■■■ or his Chino’s. Ah not true, perhaps his Chino’s.

2 Likes

To his credit, Cutler was competitive in the final quarter when the game hung in the balance.

Phillips in for Bellcho and Townsend for McKenna.

PLAY

B

Z

T

Why Langford? 22 touches 1 goal.

10 Likes

Lol. Who knows, … just coz… :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

The ruck is my biggest concern.

And mental resilience. Not get dragged down by ■■■■■ opposition.

4 Likes

Out Zaka, Belly, Towner
In Ham, Phillips, Lav

1 Like

Staggered that more people don’t have Townsend as an obvious out. Was nowhere to be seen as a forward target and chipped in with 3 turnovers from his 5 possessions.

Out: Townsend, Zaharakis & Guelfi
In: Laverde, Fantasia & McKenna

Snelling very lucky (3rd most pressure acts for the game keeps him in) & Guelfi a bit stiff as he won a few good contests but we need McKenna back out there.

5 Likes

Out : forward pocket Parish
In : in the guts Parish

8 Likes

Yawn. Pls try to bear in mind the circumstances of this Game.

Some players can fire after this complete clusterfk of a season start, … others will need a game or 2 to get back into rhythm.

Not going to judge anyone too harshly on this 1st game back, … have to be a bit silly to do so.

4 Likes

Townsend and Cutler are good honest workers but should really only be depth players. If everyone is fit I’m not sure there is room for them

7 Likes

We won’t be dropping any senior players.
Predicted:
Out: Francis, Guelfi
In: Ambrose, McKenna

Fantasia held back for a week.

I wouldn’t be very happy with it, but that’s what I think will happen.

Frankly I thought that Hurley was less than Hooker. Hooker stoped or won a lot of contests. Hurley kicked to numerous contests when he could have kicked it too players in the clear.

I think that Hurley’s days are numbered. Ridley was vastly more effectively.

I would prefer to play Ambrose over Hurley. Hooker for me stays in the side.

2 Likes

Ambrose Francis Hurley
Ridley Redman Saad
Merrett Shiel Ham
TBC Heppell McGrath
Smith Walla Fantasia
Stringer McKernan Hooker

Parish Langford McKenna DANIHERRRRRR

1 Like

Zaharakis was worse than a passenger, he was trying out for a role in an upcoming production of The Invisible Man. Should be sent down to the Maggoos.

Phillips needs to come in to provide more of a contest around the ground for Gawn. TBC was okay in the centre, but his inability to get around the ground stood out.

6 Likes

Why Francis, because he had a few undisciplined acts? I thought his ability in the air late was just as important as Parish and Merrett’s last quarters.

8 Likes