Changes for Sydney - who will make room for Myers

Only saving grace is Sinclair is pretty busted as well so you wouldn’t think the Swans will get any huge advantage out of the match up.

1 Like

IN: LOVETT-MURRAY

1 Like

I don’t think he was as terrible as Blitz made out.

3 Likes

901 from Frankston to the Airport

1 Like

No it wasn’t. But that’s not what Blitz is about.

3 Likes

What’s your prediction? we’ll see who’s closer.

ok, me too. i got home from the game, admittedly only seeing the first half, saw the langford thread blew up and had a bit of a wtf moment. thought he presented well, seemed to get to some good spots, often unrewarded. not a great game, but passable i thought. who knows.

4 Likes

Couple goals either way, I’ll go swans. Smaller ground will restrict our run

It’s smaller than etihad only by 5 meters in length but heaps wider.

I think we prefer width coz we like switching and opening up the corridor

1 Like

Have you seen them play? They’re slow and awful. I wish there was a wagering function on Blitz.

Would be a great way to raise funds

Look, we SHOULD pump them. SHOULD!!!
We should have also beaten Geelong and Collingwood in the end.
I have no doubt that on paper and even when we play properly, we are probably the 3rd best team in the league at the moment, but something isn’t clicking.

1 Like

Yes Etihad, what about the G?

MCG - 161m - 138m

Etihad Stadium - 160m - 129m

SCG - 155m - 136m

My point is that we play Etihad well so I don’t think SCG hurts us too much given the width

I’d play one of our defenders on him.
Now whether that’s McKenna or Saad or Ambrose, I don’t really mind…and you could decide on the day depending on other match-ups (you know, if we were a team that did that).

Lloyd is so important to the way they play, it’s ridiculous.
They want the ball in his hands coming out of defence and up the wing because his disposal is friggin’ mint.
They look for him.
If we could shut that down then we stop their run and we cause turnovers not just though blocking him, but through forcing them to use players they don’t want to deliver the ball.

And I get that that is supposed to be Baguley’s job, but in this case I don’t think he’s up to it.
Lloyd will run him off his feet in a quarter.

Edit: Also, he doesn’t tackle. Like…ever. So I’d love to see how that works for them with McKenna or Saad.

2 Likes

Presser

1 Like

Yep. stopping Lloyd is the key to a near certain win.

With Cunningham out they won’t have any drive off half back if Lloyd is shut down.

On the Couch said that Sydney score 46% of their goals from back half so if we nullify this, it will go a long way to us winning

2 Likes

I didn’t expect us to win either of these games. Apart from the St Kilda game we’ve won what we should have. If we lose to Sydney then it might be time to panic.

1 Like

Still not time.
I had us 3-5 and still finishing top 6.
Comfortably.

2 Likes

2019 Zen wimm is starting to freak me out.

The Swans aren’t as bad as their ladder position suggests, but we had their measure last year comfortably. I also believe we are building a bit more ticker than some are giving us credit for.

Would be a good week for Clarke’s dodgey calf to come good but.

2 Likes

Would be a great week for a miracle recovery from Smack, too.
And Sydney are pretty bad.

They’ve kicked more than 12 goals in a game once this year, against Fark Carlton.
I’m quietly confident.

2 Likes