Changes for Sydney - who will make room for Myers

???

Rumour that he’s done a knee.

See Draper and VFL threads.

IN - LANDT, NINO

I dont know why people want to drop Baguely. He does exactly whats required in that role, tackles hard and kicks goals.
Guelfi the same. Did heaps off the ball.
Langford has always been like a deer in the headlights, but I though yesterday was one of his better games. Its not fair to bring him in for one game. Either give him a run or give him none. Unfortnately I really think he will go the way of Merrett senior.
If you were going to drop players based on that game, Tippa, Zaharakis and Daniher would be high on the list. But one game does not a player make.
I dont know who should come in because I dont see the VFL.
But I think we need to drop the coaching panel.
If they can’t rid us of this inconsistency and have us playing to a high standard each week win or lose, then they are of no value.

OK Im going to be confident with Draper and suggest he is an in and rested from second half of the VFL for this match particulary

In: Draper (Debut), Myers, Mynott (Debut), Fantasia
Out: Bellchambers (managed), Smith (managed), Baguley (managed) Ridley (managed)

Hooker Forward
Hurley vs Buddy
Mynott Debut
Myers replaces Smith/Langford

If Smith is cherry ripe then Langford out.

Mynott can help out with midfield rotation if required.

B: Saad Hurley Ambrose
HB: McKenna Francis Redman
C: McGrath Myers Zaharakis
HF: Stringer Daniher Fantasia
F: Mynott Hooker Tippa
R: Draper Parish Shiel
Int: Heppell, Z Merrett, Guelfi, Langford

Emg: Ham, Mosquito, Gown

You thought yesterday was one of langfords better games? Wtf

Scorpio pls

3 Likes

if Langford kicked 2 goals would have been an ok to good game given he played a fair bit forward.

Out:
Francis (until he earns his spot back in defence)
Langford (dropped)
Belly (rested)

In:
Raz
Begley
Draper

1 Like

Judging by Longmire’s press conference today, Buddy is unlikely.

He said they will see how he trains on Wednesday but if they’re conceding that… I doubt that he plays

1 Like

To be honest i’d almost rather he did play. Makes them more predictable.

Fair point. Would be good too if he was underdone.

But still we don’t need buddy firing to give a bottom of the ladder team some confidence

1 Like

Who?

Draper. But don’t worry yourself. It’s fake news.

1 Like

Cos he’s not very good at footy.

2 Likes

Pfft. Like that’s ever stopped us.

1 Like

Two changes MAX this week

save up your wholesale changes for friday night after we get rolled, then you’re 4 or 5 changes will be more realistic

1 Like

Buddy plays. He loves playing against Essendon. Put him down for 4+ goals. Could not be a worse game to have after a 5 day break, a game against Sydney in Sydney. Apart from Stringer and a very few others, we were flogged by a very good side. Nearly as bad as the GWS and Saints games. We win against three mediocre sides and lose against the two top sides. At least we had a go against the Pies, but 33 points was going to be a difficult catch up. The Cats, like GWS took Essendon to the cleaners. I’m not convinced Essendon is a top 8 side. Game playing errors and a run of injuries, particularly the talls, are making life difficult for the Bombers.
We have reasonable depth in the VFL. AFL players who are good one week and under perform the next need to be dropped. Sure, we might lose games, but we are losing now with many players under performing. Watching the VFL side yesterday I was really impressed with the following - Begley, D Clarke, Ham, Mynott and Hartley + Draper and Fantasia (if not injured - does anyone know about these two). Give these guys a go and drop the following - Smith (injured), Langford, Ambrose, Baguley, TBell (injured), Zaharakis.
Saad Hooker Handley
Ridley Hurley Francis
McKenna Merrett McGrath
Mynott Stringer Parish
Tippa Daniher Fantasia (D Clarke)
Draper /Tbell/Z Clarke (which one is fit), Heppell Shiel
I/C Begley, Ham D Clarke (only if Fantasia is fit) Guelfi (Myers if D Clarke replaces an ill Fantasia)
Guarantee, any guys promoted from the VFL will give their all to keep playing AFL.
strong text

Well even if they do 3-5 is still a position of strength compared to last years start so I’ll still believe. Swans game will be tough, I’d love to get over the line but as long as we are competitive and play well I’ll be happy

I’ve not been a big fan, but I noticed he had the ball a lot more.

Until we get back another key forward in the team Hooker forward and Francis back. Can’t do any worse. They won’t be able to double team joey if Hooker is down there.

1 Like