Changes for Sydney - who will make room for Myers

I’d rather leave Hooker back and play Clarke forward instead of Francis

3 Likes

I thought Francis was solid yesterday. Easily our second best forward behind Stringer on the day

1 Like

Bags tackles and scores goals? He averages three tackles a game, which has him ranked 13th at the club.

He’s ranked seventh in goals per game and considering a forward line consists of 6 players and he plays there 100% of the time, not the best.

To add to it, he gives away free kicks like nobodies business. He’s averaging more than Tom Bellchambers and is second in the club, only behind Zac Clarke. He’s the only small to average over two a game in the top 5.

I said earlier he serves a purpose, he plays a defensive role, but he’s extremely average at it. We need to be applying much more forward pressure than he can.

2 Likes

With a 5 day break and a history of getting smashed interstate, particularly by Sydney?

It’s funny how you can nitpick different things to suit your opinion of a player. Another way to look at it would be that he’s a small forward and he’s on track to kick 25 goals, which would put him 5 goals behind our leading goal kicker last year.

They are dead last and no buddy.

They have played Dogs, Adelaide, Melbourne, Carlton, Richmond, GWS and Brisbane. It’s not exactly a hard draw. They have been aweful.

2 Likes

Even with Buddy we’d smash them. I’m surprised some people are nervous about this game.

I think it’s natural for people to be nervous until we show we can consistently turn up for these games we should win

3 Likes

That’s fair. But after the saints game i think we have been.

The next few weeks will show whether we’re there yet.

Can you elaborate on nitpicking? I’m assuming you mean actually looking and using facts?

He gives away too many free kicks and his defensive pressure isn’t up to standard. Small forward is a tough gig, he serves a purpose, but if we are to get anywhere deep in September we either need to move him out or have him improve in these aspects. His “job” on Stewart yesterday was just nowhere near up to standard.

He is 46th in the league for average tackles inside 50 and that includes a lot of midfielders in front of him. Also people older and younger than him, and key position players.

And yes, you’re right. I’d argue that being 5 goals behind last years leading goal kicker isn’t cause for celebration, but each to their own. 25 goals puts him in midfielder territory and IF he gets there, it will be his best EVER season by 25%.

2 Likes

5 day break not ideal but every club has been given one this year so it all balances out. Just unfortunate ours is prior to an interstate game.

An interstate game against the bottom team.

We’ve won 5 of our last 6 on the road.

2-6 (83%) at the same time last year could turn into 4-4 (101% plus) this year with a reasonably tougher draw. It’s time to get the season back on track on the big stage. I don’t even care it’s the bottom team.

1 Like

Again with the “facts”. He’s only played about 20 games as a forward ever.

And… That is kind of the point.

We are playing him in a position he’s not used to, as a stop gap because we need someone in the role. He’s not there because he’s a world beater he’s there because it’s all we have/had.

Feel free to provide some counter argument and not just “OMGZ BUT I LEIK HIM”. I like him too, but he has numerous limitations that answer the original question “why would anyone want him dropped”.

In: Mynott,Draper, Clarke
Out: Langford, Zaka ( I’m allowed to dream aren’t I?)Francis

We desperately need another big forward to help Joe

send a statement by dropping Zaka

bring in some youth to give the side some energy

What will happen:
In: Myers
Out: Langford

2 Likes

I didn’t provide this. I provided “facts” just like you.

You make accusations of nitpicking, meanwhile providing selected quotations to avoid absolutely anything that provides an answer to the actual fkn question of “why would anyone want him dropped”.

14 years later, Blitz is still the same.

Enjoy your time.

1 Like

Guessing you mean Dylan Clarke? I’m a fan of Zaka but not against the idea of dropping him after a bad performance. Only problem i see is it might take some of the pace out of our game.

1 Like

Who is Handley?

Draper in, belly needs a rest
Smaller ground may suit him getting through about 70/80% ruck time for he’s first senior hitout
Myers in/ Langford gone. Need another big body this week
Begs for bags, another hit up target would be nice
Like to see hams and mynott come in, their pressure would be handy this week but no idea who for

1 Like

3-5 is almost season gone.

After Sydney we have Freo at Marvel.

Tigers at Dreamtime well they’ll win that one with Cotchin possibly back.

Carlton those fcks always lift when they play us.

If the team is dead serious they will win all 3 games but I’m not sure all 50/50 games