Changes for the Cats

Zach Merrett is a lock for the rest of the season imo.

This game is for the taking.
Belly ruck allows Ryder to roam forward and kick goals. So important for our structure.
Zach must stay. He has spark.

Agree About Belly.
Yep, he should be going nowhere.
Showed encouraging signs last night

Belly showed encouraging signs?
Wow. He was terrible

So were a few players against melbourne, and they didn't get dropped, what makes anyone think Belly will be ?

Said it before, atm he is a necessary evil as he restricts the gametime of Daniher or carlisle having to play ruck.They just have to use him better when he isn't in the ruck, maybe use him as a decoy and get him to take his opponents away from where the ball will actually be going.

I personally don't want either trav or kav dropped or made sub after that game, Just sends the wrong message, no matter who's availavle to come in.

Out: Belly, ???

In: Chapman, Carlisle

Out: Winderlich (suspensions), HIbberd (injury), Bellchambers

In: Chapman, Jackson Merrett, Carlisle

There is no way that lichs should get rubbed out for that. Happens 100 times a game.

I agree but have no doubt because the Crows player is weak as ■■■■ that Winderlich will get done.

We are Essendon, of course Licha will get done.

Excluding possible suspensions and injuries I would like to see Carlise, Chappy come in and Melksham, TBC go out. Move Hurley forward and Carlisle back and we will give them a run for their money.

If Licha and Pig and in trouble, Hardy and Gleeson in.

OUT: Bellchambers, Hibberd

IN: Chapman, J.Merret

(Z.Merret sub)

out : Melksham - to many mistakes, efficiency is terrible

In: Chappy

No way Kav misses. I’d also keep Melk to play a run with role or sub.

I’d say Licha may get 1, assuming so I’d bring in Carlisle and Chappy for Licha & Ambrose (Only to put Hurls forward).

Hardy in if Hibbs misses.

Keep giving Belly 3qtrs until form improves and a little extra running during the week to manage the ankle & maintain fitness.

Excluding possible suspensions and injuries I would like to see Carlise, Chappy come in and Melksham, TBC go out. Move Hurley forward and Carlisle back and we will give them a run for their money.

If Licha and Pig and in trouble, Hardy and Gleeson in.

Gleeson hasn't played for 6 weeks (since the Bears game), could be a tad underdone. 

Gleeson can't come str8 in. Not gonna happen.

If Carlisle gets up, I can see Hurley playing forward.

We can't play Fletch, Hurley, Carlisle AND Hooker on a fwd line that has Hawkins and Walker as it's only tall targets (apparently Harry Taylor will miss again).

With their back 6 - Lonergan, Mackie, Rivers, Enright, Guthrie and Blicavs, we have our work cut out. 

As much as i love Ambrose, He'll be exposed in the air by their talls. Hurley to provide that extra grunt up forward.

Biggest loss for us would be Hibberd as it means that BJ will end up having to play HBF.

IN - Carlisle

OUT - Hibberd

I think if Carlisle is fit, then Belly simply has to miss.

He will come back in sooner rather than later, because we can’t run Ryder into the ground.

JD and perhaps Carlisle can spell Paddy in the Ruck.

Hurley to play predominantly forward under this scenario.

The other changes as follows…

Ins. Chapman, Jerrett

Outs. Hibberd (inj.), Melksham

Chappy obviously comes in after the weeks rest against his old side.

Judging by Bombers presser, it seems Pig will be very lucky to come up after a 6 day break.

The VFL Report tells me that the coaches intend to inject even more pace into the side, with Jackson being rested in the second half.

The only player I could possibly drop out of the side is Melk.

He is unlucky after an improved performance, but it would be unfair to drop Kav down after 1 game, and frankly we’ve done it to him too often.

Whilst I’m hesitant to drop any hard nuts with Jobe out of the side, I feel that Chappy can give us some of those midfield minutes, and hardness around the contest.

Winders to take Hibberd’s spot at HB.

Zerrett to wear the SUB vest again as we continue to manage his young body through the season.

B…Baguley Hooker Fletcher

HB.Dempsey Carlisle Winderlich

R…Ryder Hocking Howlett

C…Stanton Heppell Zaharakis

HF.Goddard Hurley Ambrose

F…Chapman Daniher Jerrett

Int. Myers Colyer Kav

Sub. Zerrett

Carlisle won’t come in. Bomber was saying he’s suffering from knee tendinitis. Always a couple of weeks.

Carlisle won't come in. Bomber was saying he's suffering from knee tendinitis. Always a couple of weeks.

Yeah, Jackie's training report will hold special interest this week.
Hopefully Jake is running early in the week.
If not, Belly gets a reprieve, and I hope he can make a far better contribution this Friday night.
Cos we really need him to lift.
Who are the Cats playing as their tall forwards apart from Hawkins ?
The young fellow Walker, and a resting ruck on occasions (Blicavs/McIntosh).
Hooker will get the tough job.
Hurls and Fletch should be OK with the others.

Carlisle won't come in. Bomber was saying he's suffering from knee tendinitis. Always a couple of weeks.

Yeah, Jackie's training report will hold special interest this week.
Hopefully Jake is running early in the week.
If not, Belly gets a reprieve, and I hope he can make a far better contribution this Friday night.
Cos we really need him to lift.
Who are the Cats playing as their tall forwards apart from Hawkins ?
The young fellow Walker, and a resting ruck on occasions (Blicavs/McIntosh).
Hooker will get the tough job.
Hurls and Fletch should be OK with the others.
Kersten kicked 3 on debut. Perfect match-up for Hurls IMO. Obviosuly Hooker to Hawkins and Fletch on Walker.
Blicavs will play KPB with Taylor missing again. Stokes will miss as well so a bit of luck for us.

Shows what I know, I didn’t think Jake spent much time on the hobbled Dangerfield at all.

Are some suggesting Melksham as an out because he is injured or something? Cause there's no way he will be dropped on performance.
In fact if you watch the after game comments from the coaches, you would hear how pleased the coaches were with the job Melksham did on ensuring Dangerfield wasn't too damaging.

You are probably right Fog.
I just think it is important to get Jackson Merrett back in the side, and Kav deserves some continuity.
Myers and Howlett are clearly ahead of Jake at the moment, so I thought he is the most obvious to make way.Otherwise, you play 1 less youngster, which is the wrong move IMO in a development year.
It won't kill Jake to go back for a game or 2 and find some touch and confidence with his disposal.
His efficiency is off, and we need to demand more from a 5th year player !

Jake just had his best game in a month. Stays.

Jake just had his best game in a month. Stays.

Same for Ambrose

Yep. Decent at the run with role. Just needs to relax I reckon, looks like he is playing with a hand grenade sometimes, last year he didn’t.