9 intercept possessions.
7 disposals @ 57%
3 Frees against
1 Mark.
3 turnovers

It’s a bloody weird statline.
Played a terrible game regardless.

1 Like

Our forward line is a major issue and we are sorely missing Tippa, Jones, Snelling & Langford for their forward craft and goal kicking abilities…
Francis isn’t the answer - he simply cannot kick goals which is required as forward - why we persist with this I do not know especially when he is a more than decent defender - surely Stewart or even Laverde would offer more.
I’d also like to see Bryan get a run as another tall forward option and back up ruck - nothing to lose. Heppell looks shot hope he can bounce back…

OUT: Ham, Cutler, Smith, Cox, Guelfi (SUB)
IN: Martin, Shiel, Waterman, Bryan, Wanga

Team;-

Ridley Laverde Kelly
Redman Francis Hind
Merrett Stringer Durham
Caldwell Stewart Perkins
Waterman 2MP Wanga

Draper Shiel Parish

Bench: McGrath Martin Heppell Bryan
SUB: Guelfi

God only knows

How do you have 9 intercept possessions with only 7 disposals?

1 Like

They took two off him for that brain fart in the 3rd.

1 Like

Outs: Ham, Cox (inj), Stewart, Heppell (bang out of form)

Ins: Wanganeen, Shiel, BZT, Hobbs

Team:

Kelly BZT Laverde

Hind Ridley McGrath

Durham Merrett Shiel

Smith Stringer Perkins

Francis Wright Guelfi

Draper Caldwell Parish

Redman Hobbs Cutler Wanganeen

Strange reading that. Reports from yesterday’s VFL said Hobbs was nowhere near getting a call up.

2 Likes

our VFL couldn’t develop a potato, i wouldn’t be mad if hobbs got a call up

1 Like

Based on our improvement curve we should win this game by ~40 points.

Minimal changes for mine.

Waterman??
Was great seeing how well some of the lower possession getters like Durham and Perkins performed yesterday

1 Like

From what I saw, he could use more time in the VFL but he isn’t miles off an AFL call up.

Great hands in close and super tenacious. Kicking was fairly average yesterday, but part of that may have been how team was set-up ahead of him.

1 Like

Can we cop the fine and just debut Alwyn Davey jr with Tex. it would save the anxiety in November😉
He’d more than likely offer more than most

Yeah that write up feels like someone has looked at the stat line without watching the game. He looked a good few weeks off seniors to my eye.

1 Like

Made sense to sign BZT for 2 years, because he will have trade value at the end of this year, however, how do you explain signing Smith for 2 more years?

Possible replacements from the VFL - Hobbs, Baldwin and McDonough all played serviceable games but not enough to justify the strep up to the AFL. All of them will benefit greatly from several weeks in the VFL building confidence and their craft. They could all be great assets in the 2nd half of the season.
However, Smith has to go out, and Cox may be out from injury and hopefully not Merrett. Martin should return and Wanganeen makes a real debut.
Shiel probably another week away.

Out: Cox (injured), redman, cutler

In: Martin, shiel, Tex

Sick of redman. So many elementary errors that lead to opposition goals. Going nowhere with him getting games week in week out.

For gods sake, can someone please just start a COVID outbreak at the hanger so 38 players are in health and safety protocols and the AFL call the game off?

1 Like

Going to be brutal

Oliver and Petracca are going to get 50 touches each and Brown will kick 10.

5 Likes

No. McKernan to captain a team of top ups. Bring back the good old happy days of 2016😊