HB: Francis, Reid, Hind
C: Cox, Parish, Langford
HF: Stringer, Jones, Perkins
F: McDonald-Tipungwuti, Hooker, Waterman
R: Wright, Merrett, McGrath
INT: Smith, Guelfi, Ham, Snelling
IN: Zerk-Thatcher, Guelfi
OUT: Ridley (inj), Heppell (omit)

Riddles out is a massive blow but there isn’t much that can be done. Zerk is the obvious inclusion. We could drop a number of blokes but really the cupboard is bare in terms of who you bring in. Wright did enough IMO to keep him in the team, otherwise you’d get a look at Bryan or if you didn’t want to expose him on such a big stage against a premier ruckman in Grundy, opt for the experience of Phillips.

Silly to suggest omitting a captain for Anzac Day.

13 Likes

I watched the VFL on KAYO.

zerk was good, I’d bring him in for Riddles. Easy choice. He’s turning into a reasonable defender.

Philips and Bryan went well too, they may want to bring in one of these for 2MP, probably Phillips, who clunked a few in the forward line. They may choose to stick with 2MP.

Otherwise there’s not much happening at VFL level. Ambrose looked way off, as did Ned.

Please don’t bring back Cutler, who got a lot of it and did not much.

1 Like

ins: bzt and zacka
outs: ridley and ham

guelfi because colligwood play only 2 tall and also mihocheck, i expect cox to come back in and moore moved back, so we dont need bzt even though his a gun.zacka because its anzac day so we need zacka. ridley out because concussion and ham is harsh but even if he gets a lot of the ball he dosnt impact enough and his too small.

i reckon we stick with wright in ruck because even if we add phillips or bryan we will be smashed in the hitouts anyway so it wont make a difference. hitouts are overrated anyway, mids know how to feed off a opposition ruck now a days as you saw with brisbane vs pies a few weeks ago where brisbane smashed them in the middle even though they got smashed in the hitouts. i would say for matchups next week, francis takes cox, reid takes cameron and laverde takes mihochek.

Out: Ridley (inj), Jones (let him reset in the VFL)
In: Phillips, Zerk-Thatcher

Phillips to the ruck and Wright to FF, Hooker to CHF

I suspect they will want to bring Zaharakis in for this game, perhaps for Ham or Guelfi. I wouldn’t do this but it will be interesting to see how they manage Zaka.

1 Like

Out: Ridley (concussion), Wright (omitted), Smith (omitted)
In: Phillips, Zerk-Thatcher, Zaharakis

Phillips in, BZT in

2MP out, ridley out

2 Likes

Zaharakis is definitley coming in, for whom I’m not sure.

If he is going to come in, it should be for smith. Smith was absolutely putrid last night

6 Likes

Just keep Cox, Reid, Perkins, Waterman and Jones in.

1 Like

Peter Wright

Have most of you forgotten that Guelfi was the sub last night?
Should come in to the 22 for Anzac Day.

Leeettt’'sss ■■■■■■■ wiiiiiiinnnnnn

1 Like

Ambrose is a fwd ATM. Don’t see that Changing

BZT for Ridley
Phillips for Jones (rest), Wright to go forward (or drop Wright and keep Jones)

You’re not dropping Hep for Anzac Day, he doesn’t deserve that.

Maybe Zaka for Smith?

I really think we’re a chance. Can’t read too much into last night. Pies have injuries to important players too.

This would have to be the worst AFL LIST Essendon has ever put together.

Learnings, lot of learnings.

Pies by 7 goals.

I’d be bringing Zaka in for Dev. Grundy will dominate ruck so not sure Flip or Bryan in Will be better than Litre, but I dare say they’ll be looking at that aspect.
Pies forwards aren’t overly tall so it’ll be interesting to see if we bring in Zerk or maybe Gleeson. Could Ambrose be a shock selection to lock down a forward?
Weather looking dry Sunday thank god. I’m bullish we can still win

Ambrose was very average in the VFL yesterday. He could have easily been mistaken for one of our VFL tryouts who didn’t make the list.

From the VFL only three players were worthy of bringing in.

Bryan, BZT and Phillips.

None of the others were even close.

On a side note Cahill, who played back badly in the first half, was ok playing in the center in the second half.
Sadly I’d almost prefer him to Mr Two Years Smith.

Redman, BZT, Francis
Lav, Reid, Hind
Lang, McGrath, Cox
Stringer, Jones, Perkins
Tippa, Hooker, Snelling

Wright, Parish, Merrett

Heppell, Bryan, Ham, Smith/Waterman

In: BZT, Bryan
Out: Rids, Smith/Water

2 Likes

One highlight has been our makeshift back line, has held up pretty well this year.

At least we have a foundation to build on there

Not sure where to put this.
Treloar on the Seven Sunday morning magazine show just now, whatever it’s called.
Talking about his mental health issues. Seems a nice bloke.
Anyway, the reason for posting was because he said that while he was struggling the most, breaking down in the spa after the game and such, he was still in really good form.

All of that could go in the mental health thread, I guess, because to some extent it shows how some people can hide and compartmentalise these issues.

The reason I’m posting it here is because he said, ‘I even won the ANZAC Medal.’ The way he said it, I guess it just surprised me what sort of esteem he held that honour in.
Pleasantly surprised, given how rubbish we’ve been.

6 Likes