Changes for the West Coast

It’s time!!
Must go all in with Bryan.
Sorry Flip. Honest servant but it’s over.

2 Likes

Shiel should be ripe to go. Touch and go on Guelf, I would give him a full game in VFL with a game like this. We should beat these guys by 40+, Zerk to nullify Oscar Allan.

OUT: Hind (ommitted), Davey (inj), Phillips (ommitted)
IN: Shiel, Kelly, Bryan

Kelly Zerk McGrath
Redman Ridley Baldwin
Martin Merrett Durham
Perkins Weideman Snelling
Menzie Langford Tippa

Draper Hobbs Shiel

Bench: Stringer Bryan Caldwell Heppell
Sub: Mass

1 Like

You want to give Guelfi a full game in the 2’s yet you made him sub?

1 Like

Woops, typo. Mass to sub

1 Like

Phillips needs a rest.

Phillips needs a break and Bryan in good form and quite a bit more mobile. His hit outs have been massive. Montgomerie has been so so solid and deserves a game, but who do you leave out for him? Baldwin? No, he’s done very well and should be persisted with.
Davey looks injured and Guelfi would be a great replacement. Played well in the VFL and kicked goals as well in 65% game time. D’Ambrosio could be a stiff out. Only played one quarter and was ok, but again, if Kelly is ready, someone has to step aside. For Shiel to come in, move Tippa to SUB. Although he was reasonable we need the extra pace around the ground, so opens a spot for Shiel. So to start preparing for the 2nd half of the year when we will have the dilemma of trying to fit in 2MP, Reid, Laverde, Parish, Settlefield, and Tsatas. So for this week:
OUT: Phillips for Bryan
Davey (inj) for Guelfi
D’Ambrosio for Kelly
Tippa to SUB for Shiel
Gives extra pace, strength and flexibility.

4 Likes

In: Bryan, Kelly, and Shiel
Out: Phillips, and a couple of others I don’t feel like dropping after last night.

Mass wasn’t in the 22, so needn’t consider him.

Maybe Davey, because he keeps tweaking that shoulder.

Maybe Hind, but he had a better second half.

Maybe Walla, but his game fitness is improving, even if it is slower than we’d like. More tackles this week, and the touch returned when he got the ball.

2 Likes

In Bryan Kelly Shiel Guelfi
Out Phillips & Tippa (managed) Davey, HInd

Love Tippa & ADJ, but I think snelling, guelfi & Menzie will provide better small forward defensive pressure.

Of course, the chance of making 4 changes after the biggest win for yonks is probably zero.

1 Like

Feel like BDB doesn’t like making too many changes. Bryan is really knocking down the door, Davey looks like he needs a rest.
Phillips out / Bryan in
Davey out / Sheil in
Shiel can ply pressure forward and the young fellas get another game in the middle

4 Likes

Shiel, Kelly, Bryan in
Davey, Phillips, Massimo out

Hind to sub

2 Likes

Danger game against West Coke, always a threat in Perth.

No changes unless injuries require them.

Shiel can rest up another week.

I’d be weary of playing Shiel and Guelfi as we have bigger fish to fry. Give Shiel another week to get it right and give Guelfi a full VFL game or close to it.

Great opportunity to bring in Bryan and give Flipper a few weeks in the 2s, even on managed minutes just to freshen him up and make him ready for future games if needed. Their plan is to obviously play two rucks.

Davey may just be sore or there could be more knowing our luck. Tap him out this week. Mass comes in. Give him a full game this week.

Sub: Hind Snelling or Tippa? They seems to rotating the sub around so the same player isn’t always sitting too long on the line for consecutive weeks.

2 Likes

Bryan must come in, a limp dish cloth would provide more than Phillips at the moment.

3 Likes

I don’t think that is necessary, sounds like he could have played but they were cautious. I’d say he comes in. Guelfi I’d give another week in VFL, but understand if he came in or as sub.

I hope Bryan comes in for Phillips, and I’d say Kelly certainly comes in.

4 Likes

Still got to be careful, any game a danger. Bryan in for sure (Phillips), Big game required for Drapes if Bryan in as will have to do a lot of heavy lifting as Bryan not a beast… yet. Davey a spell re injury (Guelfi), Sheil for Hind (Hind although some big turnvers gave us some good drive and some good defensive efforts i thought). Walla Sub, he had a big game, will be good for a late sub next week. Something like that.

Oh and Yep Kelly in for Mass

Stringer rested. Kelly plays. Langford fwd. Bryan for Phlipper. Shiel surely plays too.

OUT: Phillips, Massimo
IN: Bryan, Kelly, Shiel (sub)

I’d play Shiel as the sub to be the impact player and back in the same midfield mix that won for us last night.

3 Likes

Hind for me is the only potential omission. He’s like Jekyll and Hyde. Would like to see more of mass.

1 Like

I don’t think you can play both right now, and I think the club sees Massimo further down the pecking order as he was a late inclusion. I’d personally play Guelfi as soon as he’s fit but he needs more VFL time.

1 Like

I made fun of Phillips in the Matchday thread and felt a bit bad after. But he’s just not at the level, his body can’t physically get there.

His tapwork is the only redeeming football quality but it’s often not to advantage? If he wants to compete at the level with his current attributes then he needs to be more fearless in a marking contest.

I was happy when he was subbed, great call, obvious call.

Please bring someone else in permanently.

IN Bryan, Sheil, Guelfi
Out Phillips, Mass, Tippa