Changes v Blues Friday 10th June @ the G

IN: STUZ

In all seriousness though, Ridley should be just about the perfect match up for Curnow. That’s the sort of athletic forward he’s suited to. Let’s hope he finds his mojo over the mid season break.

Stringer,Langford,Snelling,Redman IN
OUT: don’t care just make way for em.

1 Like

God no. Our kids are dying out there without some decent senior bigger bodies around them.

Redman is in the form of his life.

1 Like

I meant, Langford, Snelling and Stringer.

Even if he’s gassed after a quarter, Stringer and Langers are upgrades on Tex and Smith.

And we need Snellings defensive edge badly.

IMO it would be pointless playing them in the VFL even if they put in poor/average games in the firsts.

2 Likes

It’s more about them not redoing their soft tissue injuries.

IN - Stringer, Langford, Snelling, Redman and Guelfi (sub)

OUT - Waterman, Smith, Wanganeen, Ham and (should be by won’t happen) Kelly or Heppell.

How is it not a risk playing in the VFL and doing the same?

1 Like

They’re less likely to do re-do them in the VFL??

1 Like

Yeah, because the game is not as fast.

Really, I have no farking idea, I just don’t want then injuring themselves again.

2 Likes

Part of being declared fit to play is well….

Your fit to play!

I worked that out a while back :slight_smile:

1 Like

Both Snelling and Langford didn’t get through the first quarter after being declared fit to play.

2 Likes

Out: Shiel,Smith
In: an inanimate carbon rod

3 Likes

I speak on behalf of the club.

4 Likes

In: Stringer, Redman, Langford, Snelling
Out: Smith, Kelly, Waterman, Ham

FB: Redman - Reid - Ridley
CHB: Hind - Laverde - McGrath
C: Durham - Caldwell - Martin
CHF: Langford - Jones - Perkins
FF: Stringer - Wright - Snelling

R: Draper - Parish - Merrett

Int: Shiel, Heppell, Hobbs, Phillips
Sub: Tex

If we are smart, we can expose their lack of speed throughout the midfield. The Hawks in particular ran in waves from CHB against the Blues in the second half a month ago and badly exposed Carlton’s bigger midfielders.

I hope we aren’t stupid enough to try and go head to head with their bigger mids at the contest (we probably are lol)

4 Likes

God I overrate us because I love the look of that side on paper.

With Durham adding in Snell and Stringer we will have the real men playing again. Tough as nails.

Expect us to be much better.

1 Like

Some of these sides are starting to look a little more reasonable on paper.

With fark Carlton it’s all about beating them out of the middle or at least breaking even

Draper and Phillips should give us first use with pittonet out.

I’d back Ridley or lav on Curnow

Weitering out for them is huge. If the weather is decent we could see a clunk show from Wright and Jones. Pies took 18 marks inside 50 yesterday

Bursting their bubble would be kind of funny…

4 Likes

Philips

1 Like

Lower intensity. Can manage minutes moreso than AFL. Even only have them play a half if wanted to.

That said who knows what stage they are at with things. If they have had weeks of high intensity full training then it should be fine for AFL recall.

Albeit Stringer often needs to blow cobwebs out. I hope they don’t pick him until he physically “borderline flying” again