Changes v Blues Friday 10th June @ the G

And then we demand a big fish at trade time :joy:

1 Like

We’d be a chance if our midfield looked for our forwards and delivered the ball to them in any effective way. We need our forwards to actually kick goals. We also need our midfield to put pressure on their opponents when they have the ball. You know: all those good old-fashioned footballing things we’re not good at!

2 Likes

I doubt they’re going to bring 3 long-ish term injured players all back for the same game. Shame there’s no VFL this week.

You’d think Stringer is the most likely, with Redman to come back and possibly Guelfi if he gets through training.

I reckon they’ll be tempted to go with Stewart as well, although you’d expect Reid they’ll want to keep getting games into Reid, especially after a freshen up from the bye.

1 Like

And plenty turn on our own players in a nanosecond also

5 Likes

that’s more because the majority of players we trade in end up under performing.

Supporters will forgive all manner of a players past if they are playing well. Stringer is the perfect example

is also put up Adam Cooney, he was a shell of himself by the time he got to us but i think we all liked him because he gave all he had left. Plus he was a bloody ■■■■■■

3 Likes

I thought it was ridiculous that we got Cooney. He was well past his best football for years before he got to us.

The positive was that he’s good bloke, and probably the perfect person to have around the club during the saga years…… as he is very light hearted & a very funny guy.

3 Likes

Camporeale was a shell of his former self by the time he arrived at EFC, injuries took a heavy toll.

I find him the exact opposite, but each to their own

We gave them 37. Could have grabbed Bailey Dale, Caleb Daniel or Ed Langdon at that selection…

But we were in push for a flat mode despite losing our best Ruckman and the entire club being on the precipice of the Wasa appeal

Weitering confirmed out for 6 weeks.

70 posts in this thread, club is flaccid

It’s not that surprising given we have an easier draw on the run home.

Justin Murphy won our best finals player award.

And mostly discussing 2004 playing list

1 Like

Campo was the only failure really and he didn’t arrive until 2006.

Matty Allen played well in 2004 and then got hurt, and Justin Murphy was one of our better players in 2004 and 2005.

I would play a couple of kids ah ahead of culter and philips…just to get some experience for next year

I think the fans embraced Chapman and Kelly

4 Likes

Yep brining cooney in the saga year when we should have been using that pick in the draft.

Cooney was better than Rose, but you could also argue may have hampered Parishs development a little. and maybe we could ahve drafted someone decent.

players available at that pick - Caleb Daniel, Bailey Dale, Alec Waterman
Rookie Draft - Saad, Newman, Castagna, lambert, McKenna, Mason Cox, some decent players there

After Ryder left we should have tried to reset the list a bit.

The 2014 rookie draft kind of set the tigers up really
Jayden Short
jason Castagna
Kane Lambert
Ivan Soldo

Plus they got Dan Butler late in draft. But fluffed all their early picks - Corey Ellis, Menadue. Drummond

Everyone needs to stay well away from this game. Don’t go.