Changes v Brisbane - round 4, 2019 - the speculation thread

I think so too. They’ll probably swap Hookers and Brown back and forward depending on how the game is playing out. If our midfield is dominating then put Hooker forward, if we’re getting beaten in the middle then throw him back.

And then you’ve got a situation where Mitch Brown is playing defence while Francis plays VFL.

It’s silly.

Hooker is the best switch hitter in the game. Our key forwards are all injured, and our tall backs are holding up pretty well atm.

As I said, it’s a no brainer.

1 Like

The problem is all our backs would be very undersized against their opponents, thus the desire to put Hooker down back.*

*notwithstanding that Francis may actually be sore and unable to get up.
**oh and no VFL match this week, they have the bye.

Metaphorically speaking, of course.

1 Like

It’s ok… Zaka will be back to spudding it up as soon as this weekend.

Zlark out please…

Depth players are underwhelming!

Hard to believe really.

We should be bringing in better options …

Oh wait. We don’t have any.

Daniher, Smack & Stewart injured.

If Hooker plays back. Brown it is.

And he’d showed last year CHF can play very competently when the midfield is firing.

At some stages last year he was our only kpf with Stringer 2nd/pinch hit ruck.

4 Likes

One word.

Draper!

If Francis doesn’t play I’d assume that he needs a spell. With undersized key backs, a tall who reads it well and spoils well would provide a handy ‘third man in’ option.

2 Likes

How are people interpreting the article written in the age?

Surely if the headline states that Francis is ‘in the gun’ it’s inferring that he has been dropped and is not injured.

That’s just the click bait part. They have no idea why the coaches are making selections.

Yeah i hope you’re right but he’s obviously got a good source that would have this kind of info given that he’s called the team on Wednesday night

What we need, is a panel of journos to interpret it for us.

Maybe Francis has told the coaches he will be moving back to SA at the end of the season, and they are now preparing to play without him…

Devious%20smile

4 Likes

Makes sense. I’ve heard Woosh has instructed Jackets to only draft players from WA.

1 Like

Woosha to take Broome to the team list.

6 Likes

Brown back
Hooker fwd

2 Likes

Could see that happening but I really think we’ll need hooker’s height down back with Mcinnery and Hipwood posing threats in the air

Reckon Brown’s versatile enough to play tall(er)

1 Like

Fair enough then.

I’ve always considered Brown as barely a key tall (forward or back). He is decent size but not like overly strong nor does he have a big leap like Smack. I never feel like he will take a big park mark or anything like that (not that that’s a prerequisite for being know as a key position player)