Changes v Brisbane Round 5:

Ambrose playing forward at the VFL.

Ambrose in for Snelling?

1 Like

You’re correct. I thought his injury was more severe.

Will be interesting to see which way we go.

8 day break helps us.

Love Ambrose & what he brings. Snelling is a little hard nut too but Ambrose’s size & endurance is a win for me.

2 Likes

If Langford doesn’t lift his game he might make way for Ambrose.

3 Likes

I don’t think Ambrose and Snelling would be competing for the same spot. The other thing is Ambrose is playing his first game for about 18 months tonight so imagine he’d only play a half or something and he’ll need at least 2 or 3 runs in the 2’s before being considered.

3 Likes

It wouldn’t be the wrong decision to replace Wright. Anyone on the list that is prepared to drop a shoulder and bend the big O will do.

The QLD Bombers better turn up and they better BOO!

23 Likes

And hiss

7 Likes

Some one needs to pulverise Joe

4 Likes

I want Joe to have a day out.

But we win by 5 goals.

2 Likes

Based on the VFL report

Out - 2MP
In - Phillips.

If Redman is ready to go, I’d bring him back in over Guelfi. Both have their positives but I really liked what I’ve seen from Redman so far this year.

1 Like

Not necessarily, Collingwood smashed Brisbane in the hit outs 63-4 but only beat them in clearances by 5 and lost the game.

1 Like

Think for the second week in a row we pretty much have an obvious general consensus.

OUT: Wright (omitted), Guelfi (omitted)
IN: Bryan (new), Redman

I bet it’ll probably be Phillips because Bryan would already be in the team if they were thinking of playing him, but ultimately either or will do. They’d both do a better job than Wright. I don’t really know why we bothered getting Wright tbh. Did we expect something to magically change with him?

3 Likes

i think itll be a different game compared to when we played them last year.

Hopefully the umpiring isnt as bad as last years game either… that was truly atrocious.

Would love to beat them and stick it up daniher but as long as they show the same effort as the saints and swans games i wont really care about the result.

I don’t think it will be Bryan. VFL report said he had strapping on his calf and was walking a bit gingerly.

Certainly wouldn’t bring him in as a sole ruck. And EFC probably would look to play two rucks at this point.

Phillips in though.

On another note, will Cox be utilised more and more as ruck relief for the team?

2 Likes

We’re playing the AFL darlings in brisbane. It’s going to be bad.

Mind you, compared to last night, pretty much anything will look fair and balanced.

6 Likes

Also:

In: Redman, Phillips
Out: Guelfi, 2MP

Didn’t think Guelfi has been particularly terrible, but I just love what Redman brings with his aggression and kicking. Better team balance IMO. Wright is just such a frustrating player…

2 Likes

Hopefully Dogs smash up the Lions so they are a nice and tender when they play us

6 Likes

Would be stiff to drop 2MP for playing a position he wasn’t brought in to play. But would show a ruthless side to the selection panel that we haven’t seen in years.

Hind Zerk LAV
Ridley Francis Redman

Stringer Jones Tippa
Waterman Hooker Snelling

Phillips
Merrett McGrath Parish Smith Langford Cox Ham Perkins Heppell

I think the forward line needs to be settled down around these 6 with a resting mid rotating thru - preferably Langford.
It’s tough on 2MP but we need to play a genuine ruckman if we have one that is fit & ready.

I think we’ve rebuilt a decent backline very quickly and the forward line is a bare pass whilst Hooker & Jones are going well.

The midfield is terrible without the physicality of Draper, with Caldwell not yet filling an inside mid position as we’d hoped, with McGrath & Langford having quiet starts and without the run of Shiel. We’ll get beaten up at the clearances until caldwell and draper are fit and firing. Heppell is more needed as an inside mid but he may not be physically suited to that role any more and it’s obviously not plan A.